BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

If a = 15! + 13, which of the following are factors of a? I

Expert replies
by BTGmoderatorDC » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Timer

00:00

Answers

A

B

C

D

E

Stats

Difficulty—

If a = 15! + 13, which of the following are factors of a?

I. 13
II. 14
III. 26

A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. I, II, and III only
E. None of the above

OA A

Source: Veritas Prep
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by GMATGuruNY » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:31 am
BTGmoderatorDC wrote:If a = 15! + 13, which of the following are factors of a?

I. 13
II. 14
III. 26

A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. I, II, and III only
E. None of the above
MULTIPLE OF X + MULTIPLE OF X = MULTIPLE OF X.
MULTIPLE OF X + NON-MULTIPLE OF X = NON-MULTIPLE OF X.

Since the prime-factorization of 15! includes 13, we get:
a = 15! + 13 = multiple of 13 + multiple of 13 = multiple of 13.
Since a is a multiple of 13, option I is a factor of a.
Eliminate any answer that does not include option I.
Eliminate E.

Since the prime-factorization of 15! includes 2*7=14, we get:
a = 15! + 13 = multiple of 14 + non-multiple of 14 = non-multiple of 14.
Since a is not a multiple of 14, option II is a NOT factor of a.
Eliminate any remaining answer that includes option II.
Eliminate B and D.

Since the prime-factorization of 15! includes 2*13=26, we get:
a = 15! + 13 = multiple of 26 + non-multiple of 26 = non-multiple of 26.
Since a is not a multiple of 26, option III is a NOT factor of a.
Eliminate any remaining answer that includes option III.
Eliminate C.

The correct answer is A.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:55 am
Here's a similar question to practice with: https://www.beatthegmat.com/divisibility-t111432.html

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com
Image
Join the discussion

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:17 pm
BTGmoderatorDC wrote:If a = 15! + 13, which of the following are factors of a?

I. 13
II. 14
III. 26

A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. I, II, and III only
E. None of the above

OA A

Source: Veritas Prep
Let m, n, and p be positive integers. If m is divisible by k and n is divisible by k, then m + n is divisible by k. On the other hand, if m is divisible by k and n is NOT divisible by k, then m + n is NOT divisible by k.

Keeping the above fact in mind, let's analyze each Roman numeral choice.

I. 13

Since 15! is divisible by 13 and 13 is divisible by 13, then 15! + 13 is divisible by 13. In other words, 13 is a factor of 15! + 13.

II. 14

Since 15! is divisible by 14 and 13 is NOT divisible by 14, then 15! + 13 is NOT divisible by 14. In other words, 14 is NOT a factor of 15! + 13.

III. 26

Since 15! is divisible by 26 (15! has 2 and 13 as factors) and 13 is NOT divisible by 26, then 15! + 13 is NOT divisible by 26. In other words, 26 is NOT a factor of 15! + 13. Alternatively, we can also notice that 15! + 13 is odd (since 15! is even and 13 is odd) and 26 is even; thus 26 cannot be a factor of 15! + 13 since 15! + 13 has no factors of 2.

Answer: A

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

Image

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage
Join the discussion

by deloitte247 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:15 am
$$a=15!+13$$
$$=13\left(\left(15\cdot14\cdot12!\right)+1\right)$$
For first option 13 ;
$$a=13\left(\frac{\left(15\cdot14\cdot12!\right)+1}{13}\right)=Odd\ number$$
Hence 13 is a factor of a,
$$Option\ I\ is\ correct$$

For second option 14 ;
$$a=13\left(\frac{\left(15\cdot14\cdot12!\right)+1}{14}\right)=even\ +\ remainder$$
Option II is wrong because a=odd and 14 is even ; even can't factor out odd without remainder.

For third option 26 ;
$$a=13\left(\frac{\left(15\cdot14\cdot12!\right)+1}{26}\right)=even+remainder$$
Option III is also wrong because a=odd and 26=even
even can factor out odd without remainder.
$$answer\ is\ Option\ A;\ I\ only\ $$
Join the discussion