BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

If a positive integer q is divisible by both 3 and 11, then

Expert replies
by BTGmoderatorDC » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Timer

00:00

Answers

A

B

C

D

E

Stats

Difficulty—

If a positive integer q is divisible by both 3 and 11, then q must also be divisible by which of the following?

I. 14
II. 33
III. 66

A. I only
B. II only
C. III only
D. I and II
E. II and III

OA B

Source: Princeton Review
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:11 am
BTGmoderatorDC wrote:If a positive integer q is divisible by both 3 and 11, then q must also be divisible by which of the following?

I. 14
II. 33
III. 66

A. I only
B. II only
C. III only
D. I and II
E. II and III
I. 14
14 is NOT divisible by 3 or 11
So, statement I is NOT true.
ELIMINATE A and D

III. 66
Integer q COULD equal 33 (which is divisible by 3 and 11)
Since 33 is NOT divisible by 66, statement III is NOT true.
ELIMINATE C and E

By the process of elimination, the correct answer is B

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com
Image
Join the discussion

by fskilnik@GMATH » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:37 am
BTGmoderatorDC wrote:If a positive integer q is divisible by both 3 and 11, then q must also be divisible by which of the following?

I. 14
II. 33
III. 66

A. I only
B. II only
C. III only
D. I and II
E. II and III
Source: Princeton Review
$$q \ge 1\,\,{\mathop{\rm int}} $$
$${q \over 3} = {\mathop{\rm int}} \,\,\,;\,\,\,\,{q \over {11}} = {\mathop{\rm int}} \,\,\,\,\,\left( * \right)$$
$$?\,\,\,:\,\,\,{q \over {{\rm{altern}}}} = {\mathop{\rm int}} $$
$$\left. \matrix{
{\rm{I}}{\rm{.}}\,\,{\rm{14}}\,\,{\rm{?}}\,\,\,\,\left\langle {{\rm{NO}}} \right\rangle \,\,\left( {{\rm{Take}}\,\,q = 33} \right)\,\,\,\,\, \Rightarrow \,\,\,\,\,A,D\,\,{\rm{refuted}} \hfill \cr
{\rm{II}}{\rm{.}}\,\,{\rm{33}}\,\,{\rm{?}}\,\,\,\,\left( * \right)\,\,\, \Rightarrow \,\,\,\left\langle {{\rm{YES}}} \right\rangle \,\,\left( {GCD\left( {3,11} \right) = 1} \right)\,\,\,\,\, \Rightarrow \,\,\,\,\,C\,\,{\rm{refuted}}\,\,\,\, \hfill \cr
{\rm{III}}{\rm{.}}\,\,{\rm{66}}\,\,{\rm{?}}\,\,\,\,\left\langle {{\rm{NO}}} \right\rangle \,\,\left( {{\rm{Take}}\,\,q = 33} \right)\,\,\,\,\, \Rightarrow \,\,\,\,\,E\,\,{\rm{refuted}} \hfill \cr} \right\}\,\,\,\,\, \Rightarrow \,\,\,\,\,\left( {\rm{B}} \right)$$


The correct answer is (B).


We follow the notations and rationale taught in the GMATH method.

Regards,
Fabio.
Fabio Skilnik :: GMATH method creator ( Math for the GMAT)
English-speakers :: https://www.gmath.net
Portuguese-speakers :: https://www.gmath.com.br
Join the discussion

by [email protected] » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:22 am
Hi All,

We're told that Q is a positive integer that is divisible by BOTH 3 and 11. We're asked which of the following MUST also divisible evenly into Q. This question can be approached in a couple of different ways, including by TESTing VALUES.

With these types of prompts, it often helps to choose the SMALLEST value that fits everything that you're told. Here, the smallest positive value of Q that is divisible by 3 and 11 is 33.

IF.... Q=33...

I. 14
14 does NOT divide evenly into 33.
Eliminate Answers A and D

II. 33
33 DOES divide evenly into 33, so we'll keep this option for now.

III. 66
66 does NOT divide evenly into 33.
Eliminate Answers C and E.

There's only one answer remaining...

Final Answer: B

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]
Image
Join the discussion

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:59 pm
BTGmoderatorDC wrote:If a positive integer q is divisible by both 3 and 11, then q must also be divisible by which of the following?

I. 14
II. 33
III. 66

A. I only
B. II only
C. III only
D. I and II
E. II and III

OA B

Source: Princeton Review
Since q is divisible by both 3 and 11, it's also divisible by the LCM of 3 and 11 (and all the factors of this LCM). Since the LCM of 3 and 11 is 3 x 11 = 33, q is divisible by 33. (Note: q is not divisible by 14 and 66 since they are not factors of 33.)

Answer: B

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

Image

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage
Join the discussion