BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

There are three different hoses used to fill a pool: hose x,

Expert replies
by BTGmoderatorLU » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Timer

00:00

Answers

A

B

C

D

E

Stats

Difficulty—

Source: Veritas Prep

There are three different hoses used to fill a pool: hose x, hose y, and hose z. Hose x can fill the pool in a days, hose y in b days, and hose z in c days, where a > b > c. When all three hoses are used together to fill a pool, it takes d days to fill the pool. Which of the following must be true?
I. d<c
II. d>b
III. c/3<d<a/3

A. I only
B. III only
C. I and III only
D. II only
E. I, II and III

The OA is C.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Jay@ManhattanReview » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:41 pm
BTGmoderatorLU wrote:Source: Veritas Prep

There are three different hoses used to fill a pool: hose x, hose y, and hose z. Hose x can fill the pool in a days, hose y in b days, and hose z in c days, where a > b > c. When all three hoses are used together to fill a pool, it takes d days to fill the pool. Which of the following must be true?

I. d < c
II. d > b
III. c/3 < d < a/3

A. I only
B. III only
C. I and III only
D. II only
E. I, II and III

The OA is C.
Join the discussion

by Jay@ManhattanReview » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:48 pm
BTGmoderatorLU wrote:Source: Veritas Prep

There are three different hoses used to fill a pool: hose x, hose y, and hose z. Hose x can fill the pool in a days, hose y in b days, and hose z in c days, where a > b > c. When all three hoses are used together to fill a pool, it takes d days to fill the pool. Which of the following must be true?

I. d < c
II. d > b
III. c/3 < d < a/3

A. I only
B. III only
C. I and III only
D. II only
E. I, II and III

The OA is C.
If there were only z hose in operation, the pool would fill in c days; however, since two more hoses are helping hose z, the pool would fill in less than c days; thus, d < c. Statement I is correct.

Also, since b > c and d < c, we have d < b; thus, Statement II is incorrect.

Assuming that a, b and c are nearly equal to each other, thus, the pool would fill in c/3 days, or d = c/3; however, it is not so since a > b > c, thus, a/3 > d > c/3. So, statement III is also correct.

The correct answer: C

Hope this helps!

-Jay
_________________
Manhattan Review GRE Prep

Locations: GMAT Classes Boston | GRE Prep Course NYC | GRE Prep Dallas | SAT Prep Classes Houston | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.
Join the discussion

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:36 pm

There are three different hoses used to fill a pool: hose x, hose y, and hose z. Hose x can fill the pool in a days, hose y in b days, and hose z in c days, where a > b > c. When all three hoses are used together to fill a pool, it takes d days to fill the pool. Which of the following must be true?

I. d < c
II. d > b
III. c/3 < d < a/3

A. I only
B. III only
C. I and III only
D. II only
E. I, II and III
Roman numeral I is true. When all three hoses work together, the number of days it takes must be less than the number of days it takes for any individual hose to complete the job by itself. Using the same argument, we see that Roman numeral II can't be true.

If each hose works as fast as hose z, it will take exactly c/3 days. However, since they do not, and since hose z is the fastest, they must take more than c/3 days. That is, d > c/3. Similarly, if each hose works as fast as hose x, it will take exactly a/3 days. However, since they do not, and since hose x is the slowest, they must take less than a/3 days. That is, d < a/3. We see that c/3 < d < a/3, which means Roman numeral III is true also.

Answer: C

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

Image

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage
Join the discussion