BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Which of the following are/is prime?

Expert replies
by BTGmoderatorDC » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:41 pm

Timer

00:00

Answers

A

B

C

D

E

Stats

Difficulty—

Which of the following are/is prime?

I. 143
II. 147
III. 149

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I & II
(D) I & III
(E) I, II, & III

OA B

Source: Magoosh
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:12 am
BTGmoderatorDC wrote:Which of the following are/is prime?

I. 143
II. 147
III. 149

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I & II
(D) I & III
(E) I, II, & III
I. 143
143 = (11)(13)
Since 143 is NOT prime, we can ELIMINATE C, D and E

II. 147
Notice that 147 = 140 + 7
Since 140 is divisible by 7, and 7 is divisible by 7, we know that 147 is divisible by 7.
Since 147 is NOT prime, we can ELIMINATE A

So, the answer (by the process of elimination) is B

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com
Image
Join the discussion

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:21 pm
BTGmoderatorDC wrote:Which of the following are/is prime?

I. 143
II. 147
III. 149

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I & II
(D) I & III
(E) I, II, & III
Since 143 = 11 x 13, 143 is not a prime.

Since 147 = 7 x 21, 147 is not a prime.

149 is a prime since there is no multiplication of two numbers that equals 149 other than 1 x 149.

Answer: B

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

Image

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage
Join the discussion

Which of the following are/is prime?

by fskilnik@GMATH » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 pm
BTGmoderatorDC wrote:Which of the following are/is prime?

I. 143
II. 147
III. 149

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I & II
(D) I & III
(E) I, II, & III

Source: Magoosh
\[?\,\,\,:\,\,\,{\text{prime(s)}}\]
It´s useful to know that 1-4+3 = 0 guarantees that 143 is divisible by 11 (*), hence I. is refuted and we are left with alternative choices (A), (B) only.
(*) Check this: https://www.math.hmc.edu/funfacts/ffiles/10013.5.shtml

The number 147 may be written as 140+7 (**) therefore from the fact that 140 and 7 are both divisible by 7, we are sure their sum (147) is also divisible by 7.
Hence II. is refuted and we are left with alternative choice (B) as the only "survivor". We are done!

(**) This is the "breaking numbers" technique, presented and extensively used in our method since the very beginning!


This solution follows the notations and rationale taught in the GMATH method.

Regards,
Fabio.

P.S.: people like to believe that our course, probably the most mathematical-oriented of the whole PLANET(!), would not take the alternative choices into account.
VERY far from true. The winning triad is the backbone of our method and "alternative choices evaluation" is its third leg!
Fabio Skilnik :: GMATH method creator ( Math for the GMAT)
English-speakers :: https://www.gmath.net
Portuguese-speakers :: https://www.gmath.com.br
Join the discussion