BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Which of the following is always true?

Expert replies
by Vincen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:19 am
Which of the following is always true?

(I) The average (arithmetic mean) of five negative consecutive integers is equal to the average of the largest and smallest of them.

(II) The average (arithmetic mean) of four positive consecutive integers is equal to the average of the largest and smallest of them.

(III) The average (arithmetic mean) of five consecutive integers is equal to the average of the largest and smallest of them.

A. I and III
B. I, II and III
C. II
D. I and II
E. None

The OA is the option B.

How can I show that all three statements are true? I am interested in knowing how can I solve this PS question. Experts, I wait for your help.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Jay@ManhattanReview » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:29 am
Vincen wrote:Which of the following is always true?

(I) The average (arithmetic mean) of five negative consecutive integers is equal to the average of the largest and smallest of them.

(II) The average (arithmetic mean) of four positive consecutive integers is equal to the average of the largest and smallest of them.

(III) The average (arithmetic mean) of five consecutive integers is equal to the average of the largest and smallest of them.

A. I and III
B. I, II and III
C. II
D. I and II
E. None

The OA is the option B.

How can I show that all three statements are true? I am interested in knowing how can I solve this PS question. Experts, I wait for your help.
Let us first take statement (III). If (III) is correct, then (I) and (II) are true as they are the sub-sets of (III).

Statement (III): The average (arithmetic mean) of five consecutive integers is equal to the average of the largest and smallest of them.

Say the five consecutive integers are -1, 0, 1, 2, & 3. The average (arithmetic mean) of five consecutive integers = 1 and the average of the largest and smallest = (-1 + 3)/2 = 1. (III) is true.

Thus, all the statements are true.

You may take few examples to get this better. For example, {-2, -1, 0, 1, & 2}; All positive: {3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8}; All negative: {-10, -9, -8, -7, & -6}.

The correct answer: B

Hope this helps!

-Jay
_________________
Manhattan Review GMAT Prep

Locations: New York | Jakarta | Nanjing | Berlin | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.
Join the discussion

by Jay@ManhattanReview » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:35 am
Vincen wrote:Which of the following is always true?

(I) The average (arithmetic mean) of five negative consecutive integers is equal to the average of the largest and smallest of them.

(II) The average (arithmetic mean) of four positive consecutive integers is equal to the average of the largest and smallest of them.

(III) The average (arithmetic mean) of five consecutive integers is equal to the average of the largest and smallest of them.

A. I and III
B. I, II and III
C. II
D. I and II
E. None

The OA is the option B.

How can I show that all three statements are true? I am interested in knowing how can I solve this PS question. Experts, I wait for your help.
Let's take an Algebraic route to understand this.

Say the five consecutive integers are x, (x + 1), (x + 2), (x + 3), & (x + 4), where they can be negative, 0, and positive.

The average (arithmetic mean) of five consecutive integers = [x + (x + 1) + (x + 2) + (x + 3) + (x + 4)]/5 = (5x + 10)/5 = x + 2

The average of the largest and smallest integers = [x + (x + 4)]/2 = (2x + 4)/2 = x + 2

We see that the results are equal.

This is a generic case and is applicable to all the three statements. Thus, all the three statements are true.

The correct answer: B

Hope this helps!

-Jay
_________________
Manhattan Review GMAT Prep

Locations: New York | Jakarta | Nanjing | Berlin | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.
Join the discussion