BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Which of the following are/is prime?

Expert replies
by M7MBA » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:08 am
Which of the following are/is prime?

I. 143
II. 147
III. 149

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I & II
(D) I & III
(E) I, II, & III

The OA is the option B.

Experts, what is the faster way to solve this PS question? I know that 147 is not prime. But how can I determine if (I) or (III) are primes?
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:13 am
M7MBA wrote:Which of the following are/is prime?

I. 143
II. 147
III. 149

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I & II
(D) I & III
(E) I, II, & III
I. 143
143 = 11 x 13
So, 143 is NOT prime.
ELIMINATE C, D and E

II. 147
Check the sum of the digits.
1+4+7 = 12
Since 12 is divisible by 3, we know that 147 is divisible by 3
So, 147 is NOT prime.
ELIMINATE A

By the process of elimination, the correct answer is B

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com
Image
Join the discussion

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:56 am
M7MBA wrote:Which of the following are/is prime?

I. 143
II. 147
III. 149

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I & II
(D) I & III
(E) I, II, & III
Since 143 = 11 x 13, 143 is not a prime.

Since 147 = 7 x 21, 147 is not a prime.

149 is a prime since there is no multiplication of two numbers that equals 149 other than 1 x 149.

Answer: B

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

Image

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage
Join the discussion

by BTGmoderatorRO » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:02 pm
prime factors are numbers that are only divisible by one and its self.
Here,
i. 143 =11*13
ii. 147 =7*21
iii. 149=1*149
roman figure iii is an example of prime factors because it has only 2 factors which is 1 and 149.
Answer is b
Join the discussion

by Vincen » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:30 am
This is how I did it.

Since 147 is divisible by 3 (because 1+4+7=12 and it is divisible by 3) then I discarded the options (A), (C) and (E).

Now, watching the options (B) and (D) I knew that III is prime. Hence, I only had to check the option I = 143.

But 143=11*13, thus it is not prime.

Therefore, I concluded that B is the correct option.
Join the discussion