BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

A magazine stand owner sells cups of coffee

Expert replies
by BTGmoderatorDC » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:44 pm
A magazine stand owner sells cups of coffee, newspapers, and packs ofgum. Compared to the number of cups of coffee he sells, he sells twice as many packs of gum, and three times as many newspapers. If he charges $1.25 for a cup of coffee, $.50 for a newspaper, and $.35 for a pack of gum, and sells no other items, which of the following could be the amount of his total gross sales on a given day?

I.$345.00
II.$58.65
III.$22.15

A. I only
B. I + II only
C. I + III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II and III only

Which of the choices is the best answer? Can some experts show me the correct solution?

OA B
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Jay@ManhattanReview » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:55 pm
lheiannie07 wrote:A magazine stand owner sells cups of coffee, newspapers, and packs of gum. Compared to the number of cups of coffee he sells, he sells twice as many packs of gum, and three times as many newspapers. If he charges $1.25 for a cup of coffee, $.50 for a newspaper, and $.35 for a pack of gum, and sells no other items, which of the following could be the amount of his total gross sales on a given day?

I.$345.00
II.$58.65
III.$22.15

A. I only
B. I + II only
C. I + III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II and III only

Which of the choices is the best answer? Can some experts show me the correct solution?

OA B
On a ratio scale, the number of coffee, gums, and newspapers are 1, 2, and 3, respectively.

Gross sales on ratio scale = 1.25*1 + 0.35*2 + 0.50*3 = 1.25 + 0.70 + 1.50 = $3.45.

The gross sales would a multiple of $3.45. For example, 3.45; 2*3.45 = 6.90; 3*3.45 = 10.35 etc...

We need to see which of the given three figures I. $345.00; II. $58.65; and III. $22.15 is/are multiple of $3.45. This calls for a hit and trial. We see that I. #345 is 100*3.45, so this is correct. Similarly, $58.65/$3.45 = 17, an integer, so II is also correct. But $22.15/$3.45 = between 6 and 7, not an integer. So, only $345 and $58.65 can be possible gross sales.

The correct answer: B

Hope this helps!

-Jay
_________________
Manhattan Review GMAT Prep

Locations: New York | Singapore | Doha | Lausanne | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.
Join the discussion

by Scott@TargetTestPrep » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:22 am
lheiannie07 wrote:A magazine stand owner sells cups of coffee, newspapers, and packs ofgum. Compared to the number of cups of coffee he sells, he sells twice as many packs of gum, and three times as many newspapers. If he charges $1.25 for a cup of coffee, $.50 for a newspaper, and $.35 for a pack of gum, and sells no other items, which of the following could be the amount of his total gross sales on a given day?

I.$345.00
II.$58.65
III.$22.15

A. I only
B. I + II only
C. I + III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II and III only
We can let the number of packs of gum = g, the number of newspapers = n, and the number of cups of coffee = c, and create the equations:

2c = g

and

3c = n

We need to determine the value of:

1.25c + 0.5n + 0.35g

Substituting, we have:

1.25c + 0.5(3c) + 0.35(2c)
1.25c + 1.5c + 0.7c
3.45c = ?

Now let's check which Roman numerals is an integer multiple of 3.45.

I.$345.00
Since 345/3.45 = 100, we see that I could be the total gross sales.

II.$58.65
Since 58.65/3.45 = 17, we see that II could be the total gross sales.

III.$22.15
Since 22.15/3.45 = 6.42, we see that III could NOT be the total gross sales.

Answer: B

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

Image

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage
Join the discussion