BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Skip reading comprehension?

Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension
Expert replies

Should I skip RC?

Yes
3
50%
No
3
50%
 
Total votes: 6

by kareemamer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:57 am
Hi all,

I have a problem. I am extemly slow at solving verbal problems, and often I get half of them wrong anyways. I'm better at SC and CR than RC.
What would happen if I glossed over/skipped RC questions so I'd have more time to do SC/CR and get them correct?
Join the discussion
Source: — Verbal Reasoning |

by VP_Jim » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:04 pm
This is a good idea - you just need to refine it a little. I often recommend to students like yourself to keep track of your RC passages and number of questions so that you know whether you're going to get 3 or 4 passages. Remember that earlier questions theoretically count more, so I wouldn't completely gloss over the first couple passages. However, it's certainly possible that it might help to go quickly over passage 3 and, especially, passage 4.

I wouldn't skip them completely, though. At the least, try to eliminate one or two way-off wrong answers per question. You can often do this without really reading the passage, just by getting rid of extreme answers or answers that are out of scope.

That said, don't give up studying RC. This should be a last-resort strategy, but it has proven useful to some students.

Good luck!
Jim S. | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep
Join the discussion