BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

If a, b, and c are consecutive odd positive integers and a&a

Expert replies
by hazelnut01 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:35 pm
If a, b, and c are consecutive odd positive integers and a<b<c, which of the following must be true?

I. at least one of the three numbers is prime
II. ab>c
III. a + b + c = 3b

A. III only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II, and III

Official answer = A
Source = Veritas Prep
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Jay@ManhattanReview » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:11 pm
ziyuenlau wrote:If a, b, and c are consecutive odd positive integers and a<b<c, which of the following must be true?

I. at least one of the three numbers is prime
II. ab>c
III. a + b + c = 3b

A. III only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II, and III

Official answer = A
Source = Veritas Prep
Hi ziyuenlau,

Let us test each statement one by one,.

S1: At least one of the three numbers is prime

One must know prime numbers till 100. Between 90 to 100, there are only one prime number '97.' So, there can be three consecutive odd positive integers such that none is prime: 91, 93, and 95. This statement must not be true.

S2: ab > c

Say, the three consecutive odd positive integers are 1, 3, and 5. Thus, 1*3 = 3 < c = 5. This statement must not be true.


S3: a + b + c = 3b

This statement must be true.

For any three consecutive positive integers, the middle-most integer, here b, is the mean of the three consecutive positive integers.

Thus, (a + b + c)/3 = b

=> a + b + c = 3b

The correct answer: A

Hope this helps!

Relevant book: Manhattan Review GMAT Number Properties Guide

-Jay
_________________
Manhattan Review GMAT Prep

Locations: New York | Warsaw | Cape Town | Madrid | and many more...

Schedule your free consultation with an experienced GMAT Prep Advisor! Click here.
Join the discussion

by GMATGuruNY » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:48 am
ziyuenlau wrote:If a, b, and c are consecutive odd positive integers and a<b<c, which of the following must be true?

I. at least one of the three numbers is prime
II. ab>c
III. a + b + c = 3b

A. III only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II, and III
While it is possible under timed condtions to prove that a huge integer is NOT prime -- if the integer is even, if the integer is a multiple of 3, etc. -- it is NOT possible under timed conditions to prove that a huge integer IS prime.
Thus, if a GMAT problem asks whether a huge integer is prime, the answer must be NO.

I: at least one of the three numbers is prime
Here, it is possible that a, b and c are HUGE.
Since the problem asks whether these potentially huge numbers are all prime, the answer must be NO.
Since Statement I does not have to be true, eliminate any answer choice that includes Statement I.
Eliminate B, C and E.

II: ab > c
If a=1, b=3, and c=5, then ab < c.
Since Statement II does not have to be true, eliminate any remaining answer choice that includes Statement II.
Eliminate D.

The correct answer is A.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion