BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Double Matrix method

Expert replies
by Mo2men » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:45 am
Jack took an exam of 45 questions, how many questions did he answer correctly?

(1) The number he answered incorrectly is twice the number of questions he did not attempt at all.
(2) The total number of questions he answered incorrectly or did not attempt is 3/9 of all questions.

How I can use double matrix method? How statement 2 is interpreted when using 'or'?

I feel it is illogical to say un-attempted question is either correct or incorrect.

Thanks
Join the discussion
Source: — Data Sufficiency |

by GMATGuruNY » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:11 am
Mo2men wrote:Jack took an exam of 45 questions, how many questions did he answer correctly?

(1) The number he answered incorrectly is twice the number of questions he did not attempt at all.
(2) The total number of questions he answered incorrectly or did not attempt is 3/9 of all questions.
For each question, there are 3 options:
Correct, Incorrect, Not Attempted.

Let C = correct, I = incorrect, N = not attempted.

Since the total number of questions = 45, we get:
C + I + N = 45.

Statement 1:
Case 1: N=1, I=2, C = 45-1-2 = 42.
Case 2: N=2, I=4, C = 45-2-4 = 39.
Since C can be different values, INSUFFICIENT.

Statement 2:
Since I + N constitute 3/9 of the 45 questions, C must constitute 6/9 of the 45 questions:
C = (6/9)45 = 30.
SUFFICIENT.

The correct answer is B.
Last edited by GMATGuruNY on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion

by GMATGuruNY » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:16 am
Mo2men wrote:How I can use double matrix method?
Because there is no overlap between correct and incorrect -- a question cannot be answered BOTH correctly and incorrectly -- I would not use a double-matrix.
How statement 2 is interpreted when using 'or'?
incorrect or not attempted = (total incorrect) + (total not attempted).
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion

by Mo2men » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:23 am
GMATGuruNY wrote:
For each question, there are 3 options:
Correct, Incorrect, Not Attempted.

Let C = correct, I = incorrect, N = not attempted.

Since the total number of questions = 45, we get:
C + I + N = 45.

Statement 1:
Case 1: N=1, I=2, C = 45-1-2 = 42.
Case 2: N=2, I=4, C = 45-2-4 = 39.
Since C can be different values, INSUFFICIENT.

Statement 2:
Since I + N constitute 3/9 of the 45 questions, C must constitute 2/9 of the 45 questions:
C = (2/9)45 = 10.
SUFFICIENT.

The correct answer is B.
Thanks for your response.

But i do not understand how you arrive to 'C must constitute 2/9 of the 45 questions'.

I think I+N= 3/9 *45 =15

So C= 30

Can you please clarify??
Join the discussion

by GMATGuruNY » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:33 am
Mo2men wrote:I think I+N= 3/9 *45 =15

So C= 30

Can you please clarify??
Good catch.
My post above has been corrected to read as follows:
Since I + N constitute 3/9 of the 45 questions, C must constitute 6/9 of the 45 questions:
C = (6/9)45 = 30.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion

by Mo2men » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:41 am
GMATGuruNY wrote:
Mo2men wrote: How statement 2 is interpreted when using 'or'?
incorrect or not attempted = (total incorrect) + (total not attempted).
If we use the word 'and' instead of 'or', does it make any difference?

Thanks for support
Join the discussion

by GMATGuruNY » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:46 am
Mo2men wrote:
GMATGuruNY wrote:
Mo2men wrote: How statement 2 is interpreted when using 'or'?
incorrect or not attempted = (total incorrect) + (total not attempted).
If we use the word 'and' instead of 'or', does it make any difference?

Thanks for support
For a question to be answered incorrectly, it must be ATTEMPTED.
Thus, it is not possible for a question to be incorrect AND not attempted.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion

by Mo2men » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:49 am
GMATGuruNY wrote:
For a question to be answered incorrectly, it must be ATTEMPTED.
Thus, it is not possible for a question to be incorrect AND not attempted.
Thanks a lot.

good catch. It is certainly illogical.
Join the discussion