BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Seeking Input & Advice [post GMAT and pre Applications]

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by atticus936 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:27 pm
Hi guys - So I just took the GMAT and received a 640 (Q44V34). I know I could have done at least 30 points better so I was a bit disappointed with the score but such is life. I'm now faced with the question whether or not to apply to B-School and to which programs. I was planning to apply to Yale SOM, UVA Darden, Darthmouth Tuck, Cornell Johnson, and NYU Stern. Here is a quick snapshot of my background:

GMAT: 640(Q44V34)
GPA: 3.33 in Accounting from a large state university (probably best university in its state)
WE: 2 years of Assurance work at a Big4 and 1 year of Mergers and Acquisitions advisory (will be 4 years total by August 2017).
Nationality: Hispanic (male) Non-native, moved to the US at age 12.
Extracurriculars: I do a fair amount of volunteering as a speaker / mentor for underprivileged high school kids, have dabbled with founding a couple "lemonade-stand" type of businesses (created a couple products, not yet on the market), and I recently got involved being a "mentor" for a startup hub / incubator in my city - basically I help any of the start-ups (mostly in tech) with finance/accounting questions, M&A, business plans, valuations, raising capital, etc.

My question is, based on your experience and looking at my profile, do I have any chance at all at landing an interview at one of these schools? I know the easy answer is No but I'm trying to figure out whether I'm faced with a low probability (let's say 1/100 chance) vs. fantasy land probability (to put a number, let's just say 1/10,000 chance). I'm not sure if it helps at all that I'm hispanic (underrepresented at top MBAs) and that I come from literally nothing in the hills of Colombia - I have had to work extremely hard to get to where I am today (not to say other people haven't, but I'm truly an underdog story that has had to figure everythingggg out on my own). If I apply I plan to use that background as a framework to show AdComs why I would be a good fit (without making it a sob story, just highlighting the hardships and why it's made me a driven leader). Any input on my chances would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:21 pm
Hi atticus936,

Given the middle 80% range of top schools, your score would fall somewhere in bottom 5-10% at these schools, which makes your case challenging. Nonetheless (given few compensatory factors you've mentioned), I would say you're in a low-probability category, and not fantasy-land probability.

Extracurricular activities, diversity, and a 'story' help, but the core should come from your professional life: achievements despite odds vs. average performance despite odds. The first one can catapult you.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis
Join the discussion