eitijan wrote:Here,
slope of PQ = v/u
slope of AB = y/x
Combining 2 statements,
From statement1, y is negative and v is positive
From statement2, u=x and are positive
But sign of the slope tells the direction of the line.
As we are still not able to determine exact magnitude of the slopes to compare, we can't say slope of which line is greater .
Kindly resolve my gap.
Statements combined:
Since PQ passes through (0, 0) and (u, v) -- and u and v are both POSITIVE -- the slope of PQ = (v-0)/(u-0) = (positive - 0)/(positive - 0) = positive/positive = POSITIVE.
Since AB passes through (0, 0) and (x, y) -- and x>0, while y<0 -- the slope of AB = (y-0)/(x-0) = (negative - 0)/(positive - 0) = negative/positive = NEGATIVE.
Since PQ>0 and AB<0, PQ>AB.
SUFFICIENT.
The correct answer is
C.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.
As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.
For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at
[email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3