BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Please rate my profile

Expert replies
by cleohari » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:37 pm
Hello Aringo,

Please give me your genuine advice.

I'm 39 years and very keen to get into EMBA fulltime from Indian School of Business or few colleges from Europe. I wrote GMAT in Jan 2016 and got 640 score, applied to ISB but did not get interview call from them. My background is below:

Education:
1. I have B.Sc degree, 57% finished in 1998 (so i'm not in top 40%)
2. I have an MBA, 58% finished in 2000

Work:
1. Sales rep in IT - individual contributor role
2. 13+ years experience
3. Few awards and recognition.
4. I had 2 career breaks, each break about a year long..i was fighting criminal cases.

Personal details (humbled by my many ordeals):
1. I got struck in a false murder case in 2010 and spent few months in jail.
2. I was honourably acquitted in 2015.
3. Humbled by my many ordeals - had to fight corrupt police, eventually fought my case alone in courts..6 years was all frustration and anger.
4. I do help others file RTI's.. discreetly my own way.


My questions:
1. How do I improve my chances of getting into EMBA next year?
2. At 40 years, how will adcom assess my profile?
3. How to overcome age block?
4. My objective of doing MBA again is to improve my chances of getting into General management. Hope to fully work on my weakness in Bschool, maybe keep things open and explore Bschool and then decide after finishing school (maybe i get ideas)
5. Most Bschools put a question - how can a student contribute to the school's diversity and be competitive..(unique thing)..i cannot recollect doing anything extraordinary in life except putting a fight while in criminal cases, so I am struck here what is that i can write (story telling)??

Please tell me on areas to work and improve my chances next year. I have a strong desire to go back to school. (it's always good to bounce back in life).

Thanks
Hari.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask ARINGO |

by Michelle@ARINGO » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:59 am
cleohari wrote:Hello Aringo,

Please give me your genuine advice.

I'm 39 years and very keen to get into EMBA fulltime from Indian School of Business or few colleges from Europe. I wrote GMAT in Jan 2016 and got 640 score, applied to ISB but did not get interview call from them. My background is below:

Education:
1. I have B.Sc degree, 57% finished in 1998 (so i'm not in top 40%)
2. I have an MBA, 58% finished in 2000

Work:
1. Sales rep in IT - individual contributor role
2. 13+ years experience
3. Few awards and recognition.
4. I had 2 career breaks, each break about a year long..i was fighting criminal cases.

Personal details (humbled by my many ordeals):
1. I got struck in a false murder case in 2010 and spent few months in jail.
2. I was honourably acquitted in 2015.
3. Humbled by my many ordeals - had to fight corrupt police, eventually fought my case alone in courts..6 years was all frustration and anger.
4. I do help others file RTI's.. discreetly my own way.


My questions:
1. How do I improve my chances of getting into EMBA next year?
2. At 40 years, how will adcom assess my profile?
3. How to overcome age block?
4. My objective of doing MBA again is to improve my chances of getting into General management. Hope to fully work on my weakness in Bschool, maybe keep things open and explore Bschool and then decide after finishing school (maybe i get ideas)
5. Most Bschools put a question - how can a student contribute to the school's diversity and be competitive..(unique thing)..i cannot recollect doing anything extraordinary in life except putting a fight while in criminal cases, so I am struck here what is that i can write (story telling)??

Please tell me on areas to work and improve my chances next year. I have a strong desire to go back to school. (it's always good to bounce back in life).

Thanks
Hari.
Hi Hari,

My goodness, that's quite a story! If it doesn't work out for you with B-school, perhaps you should write your autobiography!

Most people do an EMBA in order to move forward in their current career, although some do wish to make a career switch, but it's less common.
Are you currently working for a company? Will they support you in doing the EMBA?
Your GMAT is on the low side, though for the EMBA it usually matters less.
I don't think your age is an issue - the average age for EMBA is between 30 and 40, so you are on the older side, but well within the norm.
You need to make sure they'll accept you with an MBA - many programs won't.
As for how you can contribute... usually it's a combination of life experiences, which have given certain unique perspectives. Also combination of diverse work experience can be an area. If you have engaged in community/volunteer work in any serious way, you might find a way to contribute along the same lines at the school/community.

Good luck with everything!!! Let us know if we can be of any more help.

Regards,

Joy


--------------------------------------------------
Free online chances calculator
Top MBA Programs
Image
Join the discussion