BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Profile Eval Request (Military Officer)

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by thisisboz » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:52 pm
Hello All,
I have recently decided to make the transition from the military (Army Military Intelligence Officer- Captain) to business school, and would really appreciate a profile evaluation. I am targeting programs such as Darden and Fuqua, and plan on applying to Wharton as a reach. Please provide feedback on these choices, and direction as to what other programs you think that I should research. I will be applying for the class of 2019.

I took the GMAT for the first time this week and scored a Q47/V40 and an IR of 8 for an overall score of 700. I do not have the official AWA score yet. I will potentially be retaking this to try to increase my score to make my application packet a bit more competitive.

My undergraduate degree is pre-law (decided to join the military and hold off on law school in 2008 with the collapse of the economy) and I earned a GPA of 3.4 from a reputable (Top 50) public university.

Recommendations
Recommendations will be from senior military Officers (Up to the ranks of General Officer) with whom I have worked directly for in the past, as well as another individual who has already made the transition from the military to the business world and is currently working as a consultant for one of the top 3 consulting firms.

Work Experience
I will have 84 months of work experience when I apply. I have had a rewarding career and have been fortunate to be selected to many nominative positions that have allowed me to grow as a leader. These are the highlights:

-I am currently assigned as a military intelligence detachment Commander supporting US Army Special Forces operations. I work heavily with other government agencies in order to best support multiple missions around the world. This position is nominative and required a 3-4 month interview process to be selected. I directly manage a team of approximately 15 brilliant individuals in this role.

- Graduated US Army Ranger School, which is widely considered the premier leadership school that any branch of the military offers. Other branches of the military routinely send their Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airmen to this school to develop leadership fundamentals designed for all military environments (both conflict and non-conflict).

- From 2013-2014, I was selected from over 200 candidates as the Aide-de-Camp (special assistant) to the Deputy Commanding General of the Division to which I was assigned. For reference, there are three Generals who are overall in charge of approximately 30,000 Soldiers and Non-military personnel in a Division.

- In 2013, I was assigned as the executive officer (second in charge) of a Company/team consisting of 180 personnel. I primarily managed the systems and mechanisms to ensure that logistical and maintenance issues were being conducted to a high level and ahead of schedule. In this job, I directly managed a team of 25 individuals.

-In 2012, I served as a combat advisor (military intelligence) to the Afghan National Police in one of the most kinetic (combat prone) provinces in Eastern Afghanistan. I received the Bronze Star Medal for this deployment.

-I earned the title of distinguished military graduate (3rd in my class of 190 military officers) among my peers from my commissioning source.

-I have consistently have rated in the top 5% of Officers within each unit that I have been assigned.

Plans for After School

Have not yet decided between consulting or general management. Would like to use the MBA as a solid transition from the military to civilian life after serving in the military for 8 years.

Thank you all for your time and feedback! And thanks Beat the GMAT for being such an invaluable resource.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:25 pm
Thanks for sharing your detailed profile.

You have the materials for a strong application. Executing your essays to properly utilize your extensive leadership accomplishments, diverse experiences, and academic potential you can bring to the program, will be important. It would also help to demonstrate how you will be able to leverage your military background + MBA to you desired career goals, you can do this better by identifying more specifics on what you want to do post MBA. I believe your recommendations will also help with this, especially the one coming from those who know you well, and made the successful transition.

Wish you all the best!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!
Join the discussion