gmat_for_life wrote:Could anybody please explain why option A is correct?
Statement 1:
Let A's price = 10 cents, B's price = 9 cents, and C's price = 9 cents.
Since the number of A sold decreased from 190 to 175 -- for a decrease of 15 units -- the decrease in revenue from A = 15*10 = -150 cents.
Since the number of B sold increased from 200 to 205 -- for an increase of 5 units -- the increase in revenue from B = 5*9 = 45 cents.
Since the number of C sold increased from 210 to 220 -- for an increase of 10 units -- the increase in revenue from C = 10*9 = 90 cents.
Net change = -150 + 45 + 90 = -15 cents.
As the case above illustrates, the net change must be a LOSS, implying that revenues in 2004 were LESS than revenues in 2003.
SUFFICIENT.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.
As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.
For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at
[email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3