BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Kindly let me know how to approach this one?

Expert replies
by kaudes11114 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:06 am
If (x)>(y*y)>(z*z*z*z) which of the following statements could be true?
I. x > y > z
II. z > y > x
III. x > z > y

1. I only
2 I and II only
3. I and III only
4. II and III only
5. I, II, and III

Kindly let me know how to approach this one?
Join the discussion
Source: — Data Sufficiency |

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:30 am
If x > y² > z�, which of the following statements could be true?

I.x > y > z
II. z > y > x
III. x > z > y

A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II and III
If we CAN find a set of values that satisfies a statement AND yields values such that x > y² > z�, then we'll keep that statement.

Statement I. x > y > z
If x = 2, y = 1, and z = 0, then x > y² > z�
KEEP statement I

Statement II. z > y > x
If x = 1/4, y = 1/3, and z = 1/2, then x > y² > z�
KEEP statement II

Statement III. x > z > y
If x = 2, y = -1, and z = 0, then x > y² > z�
KEEP statement III

Answer: E

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com
Image
Join the discussion

by [email protected] » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:55 pm
Hi kaudes11114,

Brent has provided a great explanation that TESTS VALUES, so I won't rehash that here.

Instead, I'm going to point out the Number Properties that this question is based on. These are "math rules" that are worth knowing, as Number Properties show up on a variety of questions in the Quant section:

1) ANY positive or negative number, when raised to an EVEN INTEGER power, becomes positive.
2) 0, raised to ANY power, is still 0.
3) Positive fractions, when raised to a POSITIVE power GREATER THAN 1, become SMALLER

Number Properties tend to show up in Roman Numeral questions and in DS questions, so keep an eye out for them (and learn them) during your studies.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]
Image
Join the discussion

by theCodeToGMAT » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:21 pm
x > y^2 > z^4

Considering x > y^2

this implies x>y or x<y

Similarly..

y^2 > z^4
==> y > z^2 ==> y>z or z>y


Also,

x > z^4
==> x > z^2 or x < z^2
===> x > z or x < z or x < z or x > z

So, I, II and III
R A H U L
Join the discussion

by sushantsahaji » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:09 am
theCodeToGMAT wrote:x > y^2 > z^4

Considering x > y^2

this implies x>y or x<y


Similarly..

y^2 > z^4
==> y > z^2 ==> y>z or z>y


Also,

x > z^4
==> x > z^2 or x < z^2
===> x > z or x < z or x < z or x > z

So, I, II and III
How did you get the following?
Considering x > y^2

this implies x>y or x<y



Pls explain this, it may help me.

regards,

sushant
Join the discussion

by [email protected] » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:19 am
Hi Sushant,

The prompt does NOT state the variables are integers, so you have to consider the possibility that some of them might be NON-integers.

X > Y^2

Here are two examples that 'fit' this information.... The first is fairly obvious:

X = 2
Y = 1

2 > (1)^2, so X > Y

The second is not quite so obvious....

X = .3
Y = .5

.3 > (.5)^2
.3 > .25

So X < Y

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]
Image
Join the discussion