BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Scores for different parts in the verbal section

Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension
Expert replies
by isisalaska » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:45 am
I heard from different GMAT instructors and I think I even read soemwhere that SC scores higher then CR and the last is RC. Yesterday I took a Kaplan Diag. test (non adaptative) and I came up with the same conclusion, and here is why:

Missed questions:
SC: 3
RC: 3
CR: 4

while for SC the percentile was 80%, for RC was 75% and, by missing just one more question in CR the scored dropped to 65%. Amazing right?
Any thoughts?
Isis Alaska
Join the discussion
Source: — Verbal Reasoning |

isisalaska wrote:I heard from different GMAT instructors and I think I even read soemwhere that SC scores higher then CR and the last is RC. Yesterday I took a Kaplan Diag. test (non adaptative) and I came up with the same conclusion, and here is why:

Missed questions:
SC: 3
RC: 3
CR: 4

while for SC the percentile was 80%, for RC was 75% and, by missing just one more question in CR the scored dropped to 65%. Amazing right?
Any thoughts?
I'm a little confused by the question. It's my understanding that scoring for verbal doesn't depend on the question type (SC, CR, RC). It's all about the number of difficult questions you get correct by the end of the section.

I don't think you should read too much into individual performance of specific sections...
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school
Join the discussion

by aim-wsc » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:48 pm
Well I have a lot to say about this.
Just will wait for your response as what exactly you want to suggest////

I dont believe in what you have suggested, but would write more once you elaborate a bit.

By the way, if you check the diagnostic test of OG 11 you will realise that it's CR where people score less (meaning: most of the people find CR most tough & commit mistakes)
Join the discussion

by Stacey Koprince » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:08 pm
Scoring depends upon the difficulty level of the question, not on the question type. It also doesn't depend on percentage correct (well, it does a little bit, obviously you can't get everything wrong and still get a good score) - but the single biggest factor is the difficulty level of the question. And that will vary based on your performance on the test.

Some instructors / programs counsel students to try to get as many SC right as possible, but that's simply because CR and RC are so time-consuming and have the potential to be more confusing than SC b/c there's a lot more going on.
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me
Join the discussion

by aim-wsc » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:25 pm
Stacey Koprince wrote: Some instructors / programs counsel students to try to get as many SC right as possible, but that's simply because CR and RC are so time-consuming and have the potential to be more confusing than SC b/c there's a lot more going on.
Consider a case:
lets say you invest 1.8 times more time for CR & RC than SC. Thats obvious since CR & RC are time consuming.
But what if you end up having more SCs at the last part of test. say 4 out of last six questions were from SC.

Now in such cases you actually run out of time and never be able to solve SCs that means even if you prepare well for SC it wont help your overall verbal score.

So the bottom line is you cannot excel in verbal mastering a single type of problems. you can put all eggs in one basket.
Join the discussion