BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

OT but curious about verbal and non-native English speakers

Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension
Expert replies
by uncbeers » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:53 pm
I wondered this before my test and still do as I read posts on people's scores. I am interested in knowing if a study has ever been looked into or done on the following issue:

I would almost argue that a non-native speaker or native speakers with foreign language skills score better on the Verbal area of the exam. My reason being people who grow-up knowing English do not 'learn it' technically. Sure we take English classes all our lives and learn the rules but we truly can not answer a question of 'why does this go there or do this' in English. This holds true for most languages and the answer from most natives is simply, "It just does!" Also, the Gmat English is somewhat unique I believe. The test-takers are looking for certain items that many natives may not truly recognize or know (I know I found some during my prep).

I personally believe I didn't really begin to understand English better until I began my foreign language studies. In fact, all those English classes I took and I can only remember one as being very helpful. (Funny story is my Verbal score was no good to say the least!) I wonder how others feel about this and such a statement.

It would be very interesting to see if those who do not know English as their native tongue do better since they truly learn the rules better than the natives do. Also interesting to see if studying a foreign language helps the native English speakers as well. I am sure in a study you will have your outliers in both areas but I'd be least surprised if there was a pattern.

Maybe this would only hold true for the SC portion or maybe the lack of English practice would also mean non-natives pay extra attention to the CR and RC as well? Maybe I worry too much and nobody else is as interested as I am?! :lol:
Join the discussion
Source: — Verbal Reasoning |