BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Evaluation for a re-applicant requested

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by ddohnggo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:22 pm
Hi,

I was wondering if I could receive feedback on my current profile as a b-school applicant.

I am reapplying to both NYU Stern and Columbia as well as applying for the first time to UCLA Anderson, Kellogg, and Berkeley for September 2009.

Profile:
- Asian Male
- nearly 5 years of work experience
- 4 years in consulting (1st job)
- 8 months in marketing (present - changed positions after applying last year)
- 3.5/4.0 gpa from a top tier university in CS
- extracurricular activities: i run my own record label since 2005; co-ran recruiting at my old job
- GMAT: 660 - 83% (applied with this score last year)
- excellent recommendations from both employers
- goals: utilize b-school to nurture my entrepreneurial and marketing skill set to run my label full-time

As per my feedback from one of the schools, it was suggested that I apply earlier and try once again to raise my GMAT.

I heeded the school's feedback and I retook the GMAT again for the fourth time in hopes to raise my score (I'm terrible at standardized tests). Unfortunately I scored 10 points lower than my highest score(I received a 660 on my third attempt).

My question is how do I mitigate my 660 GMAT score in my re-application? Although I've followed the school's feedback by retaking the exam (I will also be submitting my application very early), I still feel as though this might be problem since I'm still on the lower end of the 80th percentile for these schools.

In my essays I've been focusing on my growth since my last reapplication through my job and industry transition and how the new position relates better to my long-term goals. Should I consider addressing my GMAT score in an optional essay? Could my diverse background, leadership experience and entrepreneurial endeavors possibly make up for my lower score?

Lastly, should I consider the same approach of focusing on my goals and applying early for the new schools I will be applying to?

I don't think I will gain any value in taking the GMAT for a fifth time considering that there is a possibility I won't raise my score and I don't think taking the exam five times will look all too well from an Adcom perspective.

Thank you for your time.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by VP_MBA_Guru » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:34 pm
Hi D,
Thanks for your post.

First of all, you are taking all the right steps toward the reapplication process - getting feedback from AdCom, retaking the GMAT test, tweaking your essay message.

In terms of ReApp schools - AdCom may see your lack of improvement on the GMAT as a redflag that you were unable to improve your candidacy, so it might be difficult to break in this time without significant improvement in other aspects of your application - possibly your new job (although one could argue you haven't been in the position long enough to make a significant impact).

For all other schools, focus on your post-MBA short/long term career and how the MBA will help you achieve your goals. Are you making a clear distinction of how the MBA will help turn your current EC into a profitable venture? Have you considered positioning your career goals to pursing a career in M&E rather than entrepreneurship.

Since this application year is expected to be quite competitive, you should consider broadening your MBA list to include a few 'safety' schools. USC (with its strong M&E program) could be a good fit.

Just a few suggestions. Good luck!

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep
Join the discussion

by ddohnggo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:43 pm
VP_MBA_Guru wrote:Hi D,
Thanks for your post.

First of all, you are taking all the right steps toward the reapplication process - getting feedback from AdCom, retaking the GMAT test, tweaking your essay message.

In terms of ReApp schools - AdCom may see your lack of improvement on the GMAT as a redflag that you were unable to improve your candidacy, so it might be difficult to break in this time without significant improvement in other aspects of your application - possibly your new job (although one could argue you haven't been in the position long enough to make a significant impact).

For all other schools, focus on your post-MBA short/long term career and how the MBA will help you achieve your goals. Are you making a clear distinction of how the MBA will help turn your current EC into a profitable venture? Have you considered positioning your career goals to pursing a career in M&E rather than entrepreneurship.

Since this application year is expected to be quite competitive, you should consider broadening your MBA list to include a few 'safety' schools. USC (with its strong M&E program) could be a good fit.

Just a few suggestions. Good luck!

NP
Thanks for the feedback. It's quite helpful. In terms of what you suggested (bolded above), would it make sense for me to consider retaking the GMAT one last time? I know that it's been mentioned several times that taking the GMAT more than 4 times raises some questions regarding the candidate. Since I identify this as my main pain point, what would be in my best interest to remedy this blemish or should I forget it and try and improve elsewhere in my profile?

Thanks again.
Join the discussion

by VP_MBA_Guru » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:41 am
Hi D,
I would not recommend retaking the GMAT. As you mentioned, taking the GMAT more than 3 times will raise concern. Instead, focus on other aspects of your application - primarily your essays and fleshing out your post-MBA career goals.

And dont be too discouraged with your GMAT score. While it might be slightly lower than top MBA school averages, it is not a deal breaker.

Regards,

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep
Join the discussion