BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Problem Solving

Expert replies
by akash singhal » Thu May 14, 2015 11:56 pm
Before being simplified,the instruction for computing income tax in country R were to add 2% of one's annual income to the average(arithmatic mean) of 100 units of Country R's currency and 1% of one's annual income.
Which of the following represents the simplified formula for computing the income tax, in country R's currency for a person in that country whose annual income is I?


A. 50+ I/200
B. 50+ 3I/100
C. 50+ I/40
D. 100+ I/50
E. 100+ 3I/100

OE C

I am unable to understand the question???
Please explain...
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by GMATGuruNY » Thu May 14, 2015 11:59 pm
Before being simplified, the instructions for computing income tax in Country R were to add 2 percent of one's annual income to the average (arithmetic mean) of 100 units of Country R's currency and 1 percent of one's annual income. Which of the following represents the simplified formula for computing the income tax in Country R's currency, for a person in that country whose annual income is I?

(A) 50+I/200
(B) 50+3I/100
(C) 50+I/40
(D) 100+I/50
(E) 100+3I/100
Let I = 200 units of currency.
The tax is the SUM of two values: 2% of the income AND the average of 100 units of currency and 1% of the income.
2% of the income = .02(200) = 4.
The average of 100 units of currency and 1% of the income = (100 + .01(200)) / 2 = 102/2 = 51.
Tax = 4+51 = 55. This is our target.

Now plug I=200 into the answers to see which yield our target of 55.

Only answer choice C works:
50 + I/40 = 50 + 200/40 = 55.

The correct answer is C.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion

by Aman verma » Fri May 15, 2015 2:00 am
akash singhal wrote:Before being simplified,the instruction for computing income tax in country R were to add 2% of one's annual income to the average(arithmatic mean) of 100 units of Country R's currency and 1% of one's annual income.
Which of the following represents the simplified formula for computing the income tax, in country R's currency for a person in that country whose annual income is I?


A. 50+ I/200
B. 50+ 3I/100
C. 50+ I/40
D. 100+ I/50
E. 100+ 3I/100

OE C

I am unable to understand the question???
Please explain...
Hello akash singhal,

In this word problem translate each important phrase into algebra:-

Add 2% of I to the average of [100 units of currency + 1% of I]
= 2/100 X I +[(100+1I/100)/2]
=I/50+[(10000+I)/200]
=(5I+10000)/200
=I/40+50
=OptionC
800. Arjun's-Bird-Eye
Join the discussion

by akash singhal » Fri May 15, 2015 3:10 am
GMATGuruNY wrote:
Before being simplified, the instructions for computing income tax in Country R were to add 2 percent of one's annual income to the average (arithmetic mean) of 100 units of Country R's currency and 1 percent of one's annual income. Which of the following represents the simplified formula for computing the income tax in Country R's currency, for a person in that country whose annual income is I?

(A) 50+I/200
(B) 50+3I/100
(C) 50+I/40
(D) 100+I/50
(E) 100+3I/100
Let I = 200 units of currency.
The tax is the SUM of two values: 2% of the income AND the average of 100 units of currency and 1% of the income.
2% of the income = .02(200) = 4.
The average of 100 units of currency and 1% of the income = (100 + .01(200)) / 2 = 102/2 = 51.
Tax = 4+51 = 55. This is our target.

Now plug I=200 into the answers to see which yield our target of 55.

Only answer choice C works:
50 + I/40 = 50 + 200/40 = 55.

The correct answer is C.
Thanks Mitch i understood wrong...
Join the discussion