BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

mgmat 700 -800 mean and median

Expert replies
by pradeepkaushal9518 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:44 am
If |x - 9/2 | =5/2, and if y is the median of a set of p consecutive integers, where p isodd, which of the following must be true?

I. xyp is odd

II. xy(p2 + p) is even

III. x2y2p2 is even
II only
III only
I and III
II and III
I, II, and III
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Patrick_GMATFix » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:53 am
Hi Pradeep,

|x - 4.5| = 2.5 means that x-4.5=2.5 or x-4.5=-2.5. So x is either 2 or 7.

Since p is odd, the median of a set of p consecutive integer will be the middle integer. In other words, y is an integer. y could be even or odd. So to summarize.

x = 2 or 7
p = odd integer
y = integer

What must be true?

I. If x = 2, then this will be false.

II.Since p is odd, p^2+p is odd+odd=even. Thus the product of (p^2+p) and any other integer is even. II must be true.

III. We know that p is odd and x can be odd, so x^2p^2 can be odd. If y is also odd, then this statement will be false.


Only II must be true. The answer is A
-Patrick
  • Ask me about tutoring.
Join the discussion

by kvcpk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:00 am
pradeepkaushal9518 wrote:If |x - 9/2 | =5/2, and if y is the median of a set of p consecutive integers, where p isodd, which of the following must be true?

I. xyp is odd

II. xy(p2 + p) is even

III. x2y2p2 is even
II only
III only
I and III
II and III
I, II, and III
|x - 9/2 | =5/2
if x>9/2
then x= 7
if x<9/2
x=2
y is median of p consecutive integers.
p is odd
Let us look at options:
I says xyp is odd. x can be either 7 or 2. Hence, we do not know if its odd or even. y can be odd or even. p is odd.
not useful.
CE out.
same problem exists with III statement.
BD out.

Answer should be A.
Let us confirm this:
we know p is odd.
So p^2 will be odd.
odd + odd = even
so p^2 +p is even.
even *(even or odd) = even
so II is correct.

hope this helps!!
Join the discussion

Question type mixed up.

by The Lost Spaniard » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:21 am
I just want to confirm my understanding here.
Before we break it down, we know that X and Y can both be positive and negative.

If we jump to I. - xyp is odd
Here, we know that xyp must be odd. However, because X and Y can be positive or negative we can not say that it is odd - it is insufficient.
Nonetheless, fact I is telling us that xyp must be odd. so does X, Y, and P have to be odd?
Perhaps, I'm getting my questions mixed up...?

(II. xy(p^2 + p) is even --- I get it.
III. x^2y^2p^2 is even --- Same with I, where X and Y can be positive or negative so they are insufficient.)

I see, here you are trying to prove for I., II. and III. I see what I did wrong.
Join the discussion

by GMATGuruNY » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:21 am
If | x - 9/2 | = 5/2, and if y is the median of a set of p consecutive integers, where p is odd, which of the following must be true?

I. xyp is odd

II. xy(p² + p) is even

III. x²y²p² is even

II only
III only
I and III
II and III
I, II, and III
Case 1: No signs changed
x - 9/2 = 5/2
x = 14/2
x = 7.

Case 2: Signs changed on one side
x - 9/2 = -5/2
x = 4/2
x = 2.

Try to prove that the statements DON'T have to be true.
Let p=1, implying that there is only one integer in the set.
Let the set = {1}.
Since the median of the set is 1, y=1.

Statement I: xyp is odd
If x=2, y=1 and p=1, then xyp = 2*1*1 = 2, which is NOT odd.
Since statement I does not have to be true, eliminate C and E.

Statement II: xy(p² + p) is even
If x=2, y=1 and p=1, then xy(p² + p) =(2)(1)(1² + 1) = 4, which is even.
If x=7, y=1 and p=1, then xy(p² + p) =(7)(1)(1² + 1) = 14, which is even.
Hold onto statement II.

Statement III: x²y²p² is even
If x=2, y=1 and p=1, then x²y²p²= 2²1²1² = 4, which is even.
If x=7, y=1 and p=1, then x²y²p²= 7²1²1² = 49, which is NOT even.
Since statement III does not have to be true, eliminate B and D.

The correct answer is A.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion