680!! almost beat the gmat.....

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

680!! almost beat the gmat.....

by 2008 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:31 am
hello guys,
first of all a big thank, this forum helped me a lot... in the last days i have been eating gmat, speaking gmat, writing gmat...

my target was 720, hence i feel like winning the silver medal at the olympics: very nice result but it could have been better if only bla bla bla

a bit summary of my experience this morning:
i woke up at 5 AM - train at 6 - test center at 7.30 - test at 8.15.
this have been quite a stupid decision, but i cannot blame my alarm clock for my result.... about the test itself:
very bad the first AWA
very good the second AWA
very bad math. it was my strength. but the first 4 questions were simply far too harder than anything i've ever seen. i ended up getting them right but it took me 15 minutes... i was ready to give up... but hey, never give up. never
very good verbal. i did not expected so easy. it turned out to be much simpler than most of the classical OG11th.

at the end i got 680. i am very happy i did not give up during the math part.

future: i took the gmat on dec 2006 for the first time, i got 600.
today 680 investing a lot a lot of time in the last 40 days, almost full time the last 2 weeks.
would it be wise to spend more time at try again in december to achieve 720???

thank you for reading, thank you for the forum

ps. i m not proofreading the post, i feel like having finished a marathon.... and got the silver medal ;-)

Legendary Member

by reachac » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:49 pm
Congrats!!!

All the best for the next step.

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by aj5105 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:06 am
congratulations!