BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Retake on Saturday - need your opinion

Problem Solving — algebra and arithmetic (GMAT Focus Edition)
Expert replies
by mdlyman » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:31 am
So I need a little help. I'm retaking the GMAT on Saturday and the anxiety is starting to build up. I need some advice.

To start off, my first attempt at the GMAT didn't go too well. I have been mainly using MGMAT and OG for studying. Here's my performance on my CATs leading up to my exam:

630 - 40q, 36v (MGMAT)
690 - 45q, 40v (GMATPrep)
620 - 40q, 35v (MGMAT)
630 - 47q, 30v (GMATPrep)

First test day - 590 - 36q, 35v

I was pretty shocked to see that I scored a 36 in quant on the actual exam. I didn't think that I was killing the exam, but thought I would for sure score in the 40s.

So over the last few months I have been working hard on quant doing a lot of problems and analyzing my weaknesses. I believe that I've made some good improvement. Here's the scores from my last three CATs.

650 - 44q, 35v (MGMAT)
700 - 48q, 38v (GMATPrep)
680 - 48q, 34v (GMATPrep)

I'm targeting a 660 score, so I've been please with my results over the last few weeks. HOWEVER, I now have this building fear that I think that the GMATprep quant sections are easier than the actual exam. You can see that I score best on the quant sections from the GMATPrep software. Is there any truth to this, or am I just freaking myself out prior to my test?

When it comes down to it, I do feel more prepared this time around. I'm just terrified that I'll finish the exam again and see another sub 600 score.

What do you all think???
Join the discussion
Source: — Quantitative Reasoning |

by [email protected] » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:39 am
Hi mdlyman,

The 4 GMATPrep CATs are the most realistic CATs available (they're from GMAC - the Testmaker - and use retired Official GMAT questions). For a score result to be considered realistic, YOU have to make sure that you're taking the CAT in a realistic fashion. That means you should take the ENTIRE CAT (including the Essay and IR sections) under test-like conditions. The more you deviate from a test-like experience, the more your scores can deviate (and likely will).

Since your scores are on an uptick, I would have to believe that you know the material better (and are executing better) than you were before. You have to remember that the GMAT will give you a score that you EARN, so you can't "coast" through the Official Test and get a 700 - you have to EARN all of those points.

Since your Test is in a few days, I would recommend that you keep the studying light (don't take any more CATs, don't cram, just do some light review) and try to be well-rested for Test Day.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]
Image
Join the discussion