BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

the delegates of only five countries

Expert replies
by sanju09 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:09 pm
In an International summit where the delegates of only five countries are the attendees, the ratio in Canadian to French to Indian delegates is 12:15:8, and the ratio in Russian to American to Canadian delegates is 5:4:6. If there are 6 more Russian delegates than the Indian delegates attending the summit, what is the total number of delegates attending the summit?
A. 44
B. 50
C. 53
D. 106
E. 159


Made Up!
The mind is everything. What you think you become. -Lord Buddha



Sanjeev K Saxena
Quantitative Instructor
The Princeton Review - Manya Abroad
Lucknow-226001

www.manyagroup.com
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by mathrupradeep » Sun May 11, 2014 7:33 pm
C:F:I is 12:15:8 -- (1)
R:A:C is 5:4:6 -- multiply by 2

R:A:C is 10:8:12 -- (2)

combining (1) and (2)

R:A:C:F:I
10:8:12:15:8

given that R=I+6
R/I=10/8

so I =24

and 8x=24.. so x=3.

adding all the rations we get

10+8+12+15+8=53

53x=159

so the answer is E[/b][/b]
Join the discussion

by theCodeToGMAT » Mon May 12, 2014 2:23 am
C:F:I = 12:15:8
R:A:C: = 5:4:6
R = I + 6

To find: Total number of delegates

Let total be "x"
Multiply the ratio of RAC by 2
So, R : A : C = 10 : 8 : 12

Now, R : A : C : F : I = 10 : 8 : 12 : 15 : 8

R = 10/53 * x
I = 8/53* x

So,
10x = 8x + 53*6
x = 53*3 = 159

[spoiler]{E}?[/spoiler]
R A H U L
Join the discussion

by GMATGuruNY » Mon May 12, 2014 3:34 am
sanju09 wrote:In an International summit where the delegates of only five countries are the attendees, the ratio in Canadian to French to Indian delegates is 12:15:8, and the ratio in Russian to American to Canadian delegates is 5:4:6. If there are 6 more Russian delegates than the Indian delegates attending the summit, what is the total number of delegates attending the summit?
A. 44
B. 50
C. 53
D. 106
E. 159
C : F : I = 12:15:8.
R : A : C = 5:4:6 = 10:8:12.
Combining the ratios, we get:
R : A : C : F : I = 10:8:12:15:8.

In the resulting ratio:
Sum of the parts = 10+8+12+15+8 = 53.
R-I = 10-8 = 2.

Since the problem states that the difference between the number of Russian delegates and the number of Indian delegates is 6 -- 3 times as great -- all of the values in the ratio must be multiplied by a factor of 3.
Thus, the sum of the parts -- which represents the TOTAL NUMBER OF DELEGATES -- must also be multiplied by a factor of 3:
3*53 = 159.

The correct answer is E.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion