BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Unknown Digits - MGMAT

Expert replies
by itudor13 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:05 am
I have been struggling with unknown digits recently, and I was hoping the experts could help clear somethings up for me.

Here is a problem I struggled with:

(circle)(diamond)
x (square)(diamond)
(triangle)(square)(diamond)

In the multiplication above, each symbol represents a different unknown digit, and (circle)*(square)*(diamond)= 36. What is the three-digit integer (circle)(square)(diamond)

A)263
B)236
C)194
D)491
E)452

I understand how to eliminate the answers down to B and D because a diamond multiplied by a diamond equals a diamond. However, after this step, I don't know how to get to the right answer unless I multiply each answer out individually. This is time consuming and I'm not sure I would have enough time to do that.

Answer is B

Thank you in advance.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by GMATGuruNY » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:43 am
itudor13 wrote:I have been struggling with unknown digits recently, and I was hoping the experts could help clear somethings up for me.

Here is a problem I struggled with:

�♢
�♢
______
∆�♢

In the multiplication above, each symbol represents a different unknown digit, and � * � * ♢= 36. What is the three-digit integer ��♢?

A)263
B)236
C)194
D)491
E)452
We can PLUG IN THE ANSWERS, which represent the value of ��♢.
The multiplication example -- �♢ * �♢ = ∆�♢ -- implies that all 3 values have the same units digit.
The answer choices offer the following options for ♢:
3, 6, 4, 1, 2.
Of these options, only ♢=6 and ♢=1 are viable:
B: �6 * �6 = ∆�6
D: �1 * �1 = ∆�1.

Test answer choice B:
If ��♢ = 236, then � = 2, � = 3 and ♢ = 6.
Plugging these values into �♢ * �♢ = ∆�♢, we get:
26 * 36 = 936.
Success!

The correct answer is B.

To determine the correct answer, we had to test only one answer choice.
2 minutes should be sufficient time to perform the necessary calculations.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion