BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

What do I need for a solid application to a top 10 MBA?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by israelg48 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:07 pm
Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read through this. I recently pulled the trigger and made the decision to go back to school for an MBA and am very excited about the whole process. I just started studying for the GMAT!


Background

28 yr old male, hispanic-american.

I was born in Texas from Mexican parents and lived in Mexico for about 10 years before moving to the US. My family and parents have always been entrepreneurs and business owners, and thankfully have done very well for themselves in Mexico and the US. I studied at the University of Minnesota and majored in Communication Studies. Reason being I was building two businesses (that ultimately failed) at the time and I didn't want a difficult major but wanted the degree. My graduating GPA was a terrible 2.9. I left college very much in debt (businesses went broke). I sold all of the assets, managed to negotiate with suppliers, creditors, employees, etc. and ultimately came through. It took me three years to recover--years that have been some of the most valuable years of my life.

Two years later I got the opportunity to open the market in Mexico for one of the largest US fitness club franchises. I set up the whole operation down here: the company, bank accounts, distribution, importation, main and major suppliers, franchise contracts and disclosures, location brokerage network, hired employees, etc. Here is my track record:


2009-2010. Top international franchise sales recognition.

2010-2013. National Sales Manager. Most franchises sold in the country by any fitness franchise.

Current: Director of operations, Mexico City (largest region in the country). I manage 65 employees (12 managers, 3 regionals, corporate staff), 12 gyms, a PnL of USD 12M and am scheduled to open 10 more in 2014. I see everything from buildouts, HR, Marketing, Imports, licensing, government relationships, large corporate accounts, contracts, etc. I own two gyms, a restaurant, and have set up 5 companies since 2009 (another two went broke).


Here are my questions and my goals:

Both of my brothers are Blue Devils (Duke) and I'd love to join their ranks, either in Fuqua or a comparable program. I want to return to my country (US) and am starting to sell almost everything I've built down here.

I am very worried about my GPA but know that I have good work experience. What do you guys think? What do I need on the GMAT to be competitive? What programs should I look into, realistically?


Thanks in advance for your support and advice
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:49 pm
Congratulations on your decision!!!

As a Hispanic American (an under-represented minority group) with a tremendous sales record, I would say you need only mid-600's for Duke and should be aiming for Top 7 programs. Anecdotally, over the past two years a U.S.-born Mexican client with a low-600 GMAT score was accepted to UCLA and Kellogg (attended Kellogg) and another Hispanic client with a low-600 GMAT score was accepted to Columbia.

I recommend you look at the Diversity page for each of your target schools (so here is Fuqua's - https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/mms-foundatio ... diversity/). Here is their brochure (https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/documents/pro ... ersity.pdf). Also, look to apply within the Consortium (https://www.cgsm.org/member-schools/) for other schools.

Good luck and if you would like to discuss your candidacy further feel free to reach out to me,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.
Join the discussion

by israelg48 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:09 am
Hi Michael,

That is great news! I am aiming for a 700+ score and will take the GMAT for the first time at the end of february. I am planning on applying for early action at the end of 2014, giving me enough time to re take the GMAT if necessary, have a more robust CV and have the time to prepare very solid applications (I will have at least 6 more stores open by then). What do you think?


The Consortium is a great resource, thank you--I hadn't even though about being an under-represented minority.
Join the discussion

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:43 am
Sounds great, but as I said you might be competitive for even higher ranked schools, should you wish to attend them over Fuqua.

Good luck on your test!!!!
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.
Join the discussion

by israelg48 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:17 pm
Thanks Michael,


I'll report back as soon as I finish the test.


Happy holidays
Join the discussion