BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Please evaluate my profile

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by z281991c » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:09 am
Hi
I am currently deployed to Iraq but will be coming back to the states in November. I want to go to Louisiana State for my MBA. Baton Rouge is my hometown and I have purchased to homes there over the past few years. I really do not have any other schools on my list as I have already recieved verbal acceptance to the other schools near home. LSU is the by far the best public school in the area.
Here is some basic information.
- Undergrad- 2.975 GPA, 3.7 GPA last two years Criminal Justice, Troy
- 570 GMAT but will be retaking it in Nov. I had a 20 hour flight two days prior and a family emergency the night before
- I have been in the Army for almost 5 years. From 05-06 I served on my Brigade's Military In Transition Team and the Battalion Command Personal Security Team. Both jobs required extensive interaction with the Iraqi Security Forces and government officials from different countries. 07-08 I am now a squad leader and run the Common Ground Station team for our brigade. This team provides time sensitive intelligence. I am responsible for over 2 million in equipment and have 3 soldiers under my direct supervision.
- I have been involved in investments (stocks and mutual funds) for over 4 years and have grown my retirement and investment accounts to over $40,000 and have purchased two houses.
- awards- Combat Action Badge, Army Commendation Medal, Army Good Conduct Medal, Meritorious Unit Commendation. I was featured on the Trump Towers website for procuring financial education materials and teaching my fellow soldiers the importance of financial well being.
- interesting personal facts - Lived in Iraq for 27 months

The school's website states that a 3.0 GPA is required. Does this automatically disqualify me? Over the past 4 years I have maintained at least a 3.5 GPA and many of those classes were taken in a combat environment.

Thank you
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:33 am
You have an impressive profile. Your GPA should not keep you out of the programs you have targeted. If you can score higher on the GMAT, you could be competitive for other higher ranked MBA programs as well. However, it also may make sense financially for you to go to school near home.

When writing your essays and being interviewed, be sure to highlight your experiences in terms of leadership, innovation, and international exposure. You have many qualities that would make you a great addition to an MBA class.

Best of luck!
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options
Join the discussion

by z281991c » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:30 pm
Thanks for the fast response and boost of confidence. Is LSU not considered at good business school? What do you think my chances are of getting into the MBA/JD program, assuming I raise my GMAT and score high enough on the LSAT?

Thanks again
Join the discussion

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:28 am
I honestly do not know a lot about LSU's business school however it is not in the Top 20. I believe the current Business Week ranking is #62. It makes sense to pursue a degree at a higher ranked program if you plan to work on Wall Street or at a prestigious consulting firm. Higher ranked programs tend to have stronger recruiting relationships with top companies and their graduates tend to start jobs higher on the salary scale. However, if you plan to work locally or utilize your own network to secure a job then LSU may be fine for you.

As for the MBA/JD, most programs still make their admissions decisions based upon whether the applicant meets their criteria. Therefore, you must be as competitive for the law school as you are for the business school.

Finally, visit the Veritas website and use the school selector tool (free) https://www.veritasprep.com/selector to get an idea of which programs you should consider.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options
Join the discussion