BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Gmat Prep - Q49, awkward questions

Expert replies
by metallicafan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:50 pm
Hi buddies,

I am in the final part of my preparation for the GMAT. Some weeks ago I took the Test1 of the GMAT Prep and I did it well; I got a 49 in Quant. Yes, it was great, however there were some questions that are not typical, questions that probably you wouldn't see in the OG or that have not been mentioned in the guides. These questions more than evaluating a concept, they evaluate your reasoning or whether you can find the trap or the trick. For example, there was a question that asked to list the number of points at which a circle can intersect a triangle; I solved it well, but come on that's not a typical GMAT questions. In this sense, I answered those questions based more on my reasoning than on GMAT concepts. It is a little uncormfortable because you don't feel sure that you 're answering right. I felt that I was lucky.

Yesterday, I took Test1 again and got a 49 again. However, there were some repeated questions, so probably the score was inflated. Also, again I felt uncomfortable with those questions, which also consume time, more than 2 minutes often.

In other words, although I got a good score in the GMAT Prep, I don't feel 100% sure yet that I can get a 49 in the real exam; you know that there are additional variables in that day that could hurt your performance. So, what to do with those questions that make me feel uncomfortable?, where could I find more questions like those?, which strategy do you suggest?

Any advice will be helpful. Thanks!
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:19 pm
First of all, congrats on the great quant score.
The OG and the official GMATPrep practice tests feature retired GMAT questions, so they're a pretty good indicator of the real deal.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean when by "questions that are not typical, questions that probably you wouldn't see in the OG."

I believe that this is the triangle-circle intersection question you referred to: https://www.beatthegmat.com/number-of-po ... 76683.html

Do you think you can recall more of these questions, so we can get a better feeling of what you mean?

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com
Image
Join the discussion