BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Number property: how to ensure that 5% greater is an integer

Expert replies
by serendipiteez » Thu May 23, 2013 9:17 pm
If the positive integer b is 5% greater than the positive integer a, which of the following expressions must be equal to an integer?

I. b/3
II. b/5
III. b/7

A None
B II only
C I and II only
D I and III only
E II and III only

Answer D

Why do we look at b from the perspective of a? Once you get [spoiler]a = 20/21b or b = (21/20)*a[/spoiler]. Why cant we plug in the values of b into I, II and III above?
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by mkdureja » Thu May 23, 2013 11:39 pm
serendipiteez wrote:If the positive integer b is 5% greater than the positive integer a, which of the following expressions must be equal to an integer?

I. b/3
II. b/5
III. b/7

A None
B II only
C I and II only
D I and III only
E II and III only

Answer D

Why do we look at b from the perspective of a? Once you get [spoiler]a = 20/21b or b = (21/20)*a[/spoiler]. Why cant we plug in the values of b into I, II and III above?
As a and b both have to be integers.
When you get to the point, b=(21/20)*a
That means for 'b' to be an integer 'a' must be divisible by 20.
That makes it for 'b' to be divisible by 21, or both 3 and 7.
Join the discussion

by GMATGuruNY » Fri May 24, 2013 2:05 am
serendipiteez wrote:If the positive integer b is 5% greater than the positive integer a, which of the following expressions must be equal to an integer?

I. b/3
II. b/5
III. b/7

A None
B II only
C I and II only
D I and III only
E II and III only

Answer D
b = a + (5/100)a = (105/100)a = (21/20)a.
Thus:
b/a = 21/20.

Since 21/20 cannot be further reduced, and b and a are positive integers, b must be a multiple of 21, while a must be a multiple of 20:
b=21 and a=20, so that b/a = 21/20.
b=42 and a=40, so that b/a = 42/40 = 21/20.
b=63 and a=60, so that b/a = 63/60 = 21/20.
And so on.

In every case, b/3 and b/7 will be equal to integer values.
Thus, the correct answer choice must include statements I and III.

The correct answer is D.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion