BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

I have a week left, where should I focus, DS or PS???

Problem Solving — algebra and arithmetic (GMAT Focus Edition)
Expert replies
by dubc1982 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:09 am
I will take the GMAT next Saturday and overall I feel ready, but I'm still a little worried about the Quant. section. I've definitely improved from when I started studying, but this has always been my weakness, so I think I'll only get so far unless I take 6 months+ to study, which I can't do.

So my question is, should I spend this last week focusing on DS or PS, assuming my skill level is about even in both?

It seems like there are usually less DS so my gut tells me to focus on the PS more. Also it seems like DS questions are easier to answer when one is skilled in PS because the principles come from PS, just in a different format. I'm very comfortable with DS question format, the tricks to solve/how to approach, but I still find myself getting a lot wrong in practice. The easy/medium ones aren't really a problem, but the medium-difficult ones almost always give me problems.

I'm shooting for anything over 600, so if I can just raise my score in Quant. a little bit from where I'm at in the next week, it would be a tremendous help.

Any advice?

Also, does anyone know the difficulty breakdown for the Official Quant. Guide (skinny green book)? It says its ordered by difficulty, and I see the questions getting harder, but I'm trying to find out approximately where the hardest questions start. I find myself working towards the end because the earlier questions are too easy, but I want to know if I'm tackling the hardest ones or average difficulty?

Thanks in advance.
Join the discussion
Source: — Quantitative Reasoning |

by VP_RedSoxFan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:52 am
dubc1982:

First of all, good luck on the exam. Please do remember its just an exam. The looser you can be, the clearer you'll think.

Secondly, your intuition is correct about there being my PS than DS. That's because there is always the same breakdown, 22 PS and 15 DS.

Thirdly, you make a great point that they test the same things, just in a different format. Therefore, if you're familiar with the format and the type of problem DS represents doesn't freak you out, your best bet is to just continue working on the concepts of the GMAT and work some more practice problems of both.

Again, good luck!
Ryan S.
| GMAT Instructor |
Elite GMAT Preparation and Admissions Consulting
www.VeritasPrep.com

Learn more about me
Join the discussion

by phumbert » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:09 pm
Good luck on the exam!

I agree, I would focus on the PS without a doubt. The PS questions are the ones where simple, silly mistakes can cause a wrong answer, so I would rather feel extra confident during those. DS can quickly be narrowed down to an accurate estimate.

Again, good luck, and make sure to come back and let us know how you did!

ps- I am also interested in the difficulty breakdown of the green OG Quant book.
Join the discussion