If x is positive, which of the following could be the correct ordering of 1/x, 2x, and x^2?
I. x^2 < 2x < 1/x
II. x^2 < 1/x < 2x
III. 2x < x^2 < 1/x
I. x^2 < 2x < 1/x
II. x^2 < 1/x < 2x
III. 2x < x^2 < 1/x
BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course
RedeemTarget Test Prep · GMAT
Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer
Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

with Logan Thompson
Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.
Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.
It is mentioned that x is positive NOT positive integer.psm12se wrote:If x is positive, which of the following could be the correct ordering of 1/x, 2x, and x^2?

Determine the critical points by setting the expressions equal to each other:If x is positive, which of the following could be the correct ordering of 1/x, 2x, and x²?
I. x² < 2x < 1/x
II. x² < 1/x < 2x
III. 2x < x² < 1/x
a. None
b. I
c. III
d. I and II
e. I, II, and III
Slope of x² and 1/x are out of scope for GMAT.razaul karim wrote:Dear Anju Agarwal (Quant Expert)
Can you please explain the relation between slope (increasin or decreasing)and ordering real number?
Ipsm12se wrote:If x is positive, which of the following could be the correct ordering of 1/x, 2x, and x^2?
I. x^2 < 2x < 1/x
II. x^2 < 1/x < 2x
III. 2x < x^2 < 1/x
New here Create free account