BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Remainders

Expert replies
by AleksandrM » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:24 am
I guess this is a bit of an odd request. I made up the numbers for the following question, but I remember that I came across a question such as this one and did know how to proceed beyond a certain point.

When N is divided by 7 the remainder is 5, and when N is divided by 3 the remainder is 2. What is the remainder when N is divided by 15.

I got to the following:

I chose Z for quotient. Therefore:

7z + 5 = N and 3z + 2 = N Therefore:

7z + 5 = 3z + 2

4z = - 3

That is where I ran into a problem. I ended up with a negative. I suspect that the problem might be the Z I chose for the quotient.

Help is appreciated. However, I can certainly understand if it is difficult to explain without the original problem or the answer choices.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by acecoolan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:10 pm
I am not sure if the question is complete

take for example the number 26 which satisfies both the conditions
remainder with 7 = 5 (7 * 3 + 5)
remainder with 3 = 2 (3 * 8 + 2)

26 divided by 15 gives a remainder of 12

At the same time take the number 47
remainder with 7 = 5 (7 * 6 + 5)
remainder with 3 = 2 (3 * 15 + 2)

But the remainder by 15 in this case is just 2

So theres something missing.

But the problem with the way you are approaching is that you are assuming that quotient with both 7 and 3 is Z ..which I guess is a wrong start.

Did I make sense?
Join the discussion

by AleksandrM » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:21 pm
I am sure that your approach is absolutely correct. You probably cannot come up with a unique answer because I simply pulled the numbers out of the air to show how I ended up with a negative.

Otherwise, you do make sense. I suspected that my choice of z for both cases was a wrong turn, as you have confirmed.

However, how would you approach this question algebraically, without picking a number?

Thanks.
Join the discussion

by preetha_85 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:49 pm
Hi

N= 7Q + 5.
Also N = 3Q1 +2

Q1,Q-> Quotients

7Q + 5 = 3Q1 + 2.
7Q + 3 = 3Q1. (this shows that 7Q +3 must be divisible by 3)

So put values for Q from 1 etc to get the values in sych a way tat 7Q +3 is divisible by 3. (The first no. tat satisfies this is 3 )

So number is (7*3)+5 =26.

P.s : I dont think we can find a unique no. (6,9,12...etc will satisfy the equation)
Join the discussion