BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

How many and what kind of formula's should I be remembering?

Problem Solving — algebra and arithmetic (GMAT Focus Edition)
Expert replies
by dubc1982 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:16 am
I'm trying to figure out how many formula's I'm expected to remember for the GMAT. I feel like I have a good handle on most Geometry ones for area, volume, etc., pythag, work, rate, and mean/median/mode. What else should I remember?

Do I need to know quadratic formula (if that's the right name, the fairly complex one that you would use if can't factor equation)? What about standard deviation?

I feel like that what I know should be sufficient, but I'm wondering what else I should be comfortable with?

Also, I feel like I generally have a good handle on all basic math concepts tested, but still struggle, mostly in probability. What other things can I do beyond practicing to improve me Quant. score? I know all the tricks like plugging in and backsolving, and like I said above most concepts.

I feel like I'm missing something, but can't put my finger on it. I've been practicing for about 3 months and have seen some improvement, but not enough. I've reviewed basic concepts, done many practice questions, but am reaching a plateau. Any help?
Join the discussion
Source: — Quantitative Reasoning |

by VP_Tatiana » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:24 am
Hi Dub,

The quadradic is a good formula to memorize, though you may only use it once or twice. You will want to factor out your polynomial whenever possible, as that is much cleaner. You don't need to memorize the standard deviation formula, just have an understanding of how it is calculated. SD questions don't require you to compute, but ask things like, "Which has the bigger SD?" which you can solve without computation.

You will want to memorize number properties, such as how to tell if a number is divisible by 3, by 7, etc. Memorize multiplication tables. Memorize commonly appearing fractions (like 1/8, 1/7, etc). Memorize geometry rules, like the proportions of a 30-60-90 or 45-45-90 triangle and the pythagorean theorum and the equation of a line.

You will also want to memorize some permutation and combination formulas, ie how many combinations you can make with 8 beads, how many combinations you could make if you only chose 5 of those, etc.

Most importantly, though, you'll need to remember techniques.... like how to solve for variables, how to do long division, how to add/multiply/etc fractions....

There are so many topics on the GMAT I think the best thing is to go through your prep book and try to memorize the formulas, tables, and techniques. Make sure you understand any questions you get wrong, so next time you see a question of that type you will get it right.

Best wishes,

Tatiana
Tatiana Becker | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep
Join the discussion

by dubc1982 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:30 am
Great info, thanks a lot!
Join the discussion

GMAT Formulas

by dbaGMAT123 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:50 pm
Here is a website that I found with a lot of useful GMAT Formulas
Hope this helps!
Join the discussion