BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Errors in the OG 11th edition?

Expert replies
by comrade » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:00 am
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if there's a chance some of the OG questions/answer explanations may be flawed. I realize they are taken from actual GMAT tests and probably checked 20 times but some explanations just don't make sense to me.

For example, in the OG GMAT Review (the thick orange book), Problem Solving question #20 (page 154) gives you 5 #'s and asks for the one with the greatest absolute value. The numbers are:

-2, -1, 0, 1, 2

Since the absolute value of -2 and 2 are both 2, there seem to be 2 answers to the question. Yet the official answer (page 194) states that "-2 is farthest from 0 and is therefore the answer"

Am I missing something totally obvious or is there actually an error in the book?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

Re: Errors in the OG 11th edition?

by Ian Stewart » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:52 pm
comrade wrote:For example, in the OG GMAT Review (the thick orange book), Problem Solving question #20 (page 154) gives you 5 #'s and asks for the one with the greatest absolute value. The numbers are:

-2, -1, 0, 1, 2
In my version of the book, there is a number line, with five labeled points. While A points exactly to -2, E does not point exactly to 2; E is slightly less than 2. That said, this is one of the questions that was misprinted in earlier editions of the book- if you have a misprinted copy, I may be able to dig up the pdf file with the corrections in it. All but the earliest editions of the book should have been updated with these corrections, so most people won't need that file.
For online GMAT math tutoring, or to buy my higher-level Quant books and problem sets, contact me at ianstewartgmat at gmail.com

ianstewartgmat.com
Join the discussion

by comrade » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:15 pm
Ian, many thanks for the reply!

You're absolutely right about the number line in the question, I simplified it slightly to make sure I get the right idea across.

My OG guide is 11th edition and I've purchased it a week ago here in Toronto. However, point "E" points right at "2" in the question and I thought I was going crazy there for a moment before you chimed in :)

So thanks again and if that pdf file is handy I'd love to get it but I wouldn't want to cause any hassle!
Join the discussion

by Ian Stewart » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:29 am
comrade- try this link:

www.mba.com/NR/rdonlyres/B6424CFB-B6BA- ... l82006.pdf

If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll post the file. The above links to a five page pdf which contains the corrections to the earlier editions of the OG, 11th edition. Most people won't need the file- as I understand, newer versions of the book (or at least the one I own) have already been corrected.
For online GMAT math tutoring, or to buy my higher-level Quant books and problem sets, contact me at ianstewartgmat at gmail.com

ianstewartgmat.com
Join the discussion

by comrade » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:48 pm
thanks mate, it does work :) really appreciate it!
Join the discussion