BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Gmat question help!

Expert replies
by pirrum » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 am
Hi Guys,

So I got close to the end of my gmat practice test, before I found two sets of questions that for some reason I could not get close to figuring out.

I could use with some help as to where I am going wrong, and what I am missing. I've tried and tried but cannot seem to find a valid answer.

Would very much appreciate some quick workings.


Kind regards,

Pirrum

Image

Image

Image
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Anurag@Gurome » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:32 am
Question Number 16:
If the sales for the month of June follows the same trend as for April to May, the sales of single glazing, triple glazing, and wood embedded will increase by 5000 and the sales for double glazing and UPVC glazing will decrease by 10000.

Hence, the difference in total sales of May and June = 2*10000 - 3*5000 = 20000 - 15000 = 5000

The correct answer is A.
Anurag Mairal, Ph.D., MBA
GMAT Expert, Admissions and Career Guidance
Gurome, Inc.
1-800-566-4043 (USA)

Join Our Facebook Groups
GMAT with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/272466352793633/
Admissions with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/461459690536574/
Career Advising with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/360435787349781/
Join the discussion

by Anurag@Gurome » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:49 am
Question Number 17:
Refer to the following table for the total sales in January, February, and April.
Image

Hence, required ratio = (285 + 290)/230 = 575/230 = 5/2

The correct answer is E.
Anurag Mairal, Ph.D., MBA
GMAT Expert, Admissions and Career Guidance
Gurome, Inc.
1-800-566-4043 (USA)

Join Our Facebook Groups
GMAT with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/272466352793633/
Admissions with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/461459690536574/
Career Advising with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/360435787349781/
Join the discussion

by Anurag@Gurome » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 am
Question Number 18:
Let us assume, the sales for single glazing and double glazing in December of previous year was S and D, respectively.

Hence, sales of single glazing in January = S - 20% of S =(0.80)*S = 40,000 ---> S = 40,000/0.8
And, sales of double glazing in January = D + 40% of D =(1.40)*D = 100,000 ---> D = 100,000/1.4

Hence, required ratio = S/D = (40,000/0.8)/(100,000/1.4) = (4*14)/(10*8) = 7/10 = 0.7

Clearly none of the options are correct in their given form.
Let us check for the closest answer we can get...
  • A. 2/5 = 0.4
    B. 1/2 = 0.5
    C. 3/5 = 0.6
    D. 5/7 = 0.71...
    E. 4/5 = 0.8
We see that D is the closest to 0.7 we can get.

The correct answer is D.
Last edited by Anurag@Gurome on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anurag Mairal, Ph.D., MBA
GMAT Expert, Admissions and Career Guidance
Gurome, Inc.
1-800-566-4043 (USA)

Join Our Facebook Groups
GMAT with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/272466352793633/
Admissions with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/461459690536574/
Career Advising with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/360435787349781/
Join the discussion

by pirrum » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:39 pm
Thank you very much Anurag - I can cleary see where I went wrong - especially on the first one! It was a simple mistake that cost me though!

Would it possible to look at my other post? As those one's I find worse!

Thank you once again.
Join the discussion

by madeleine.lapierre » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:33 pm
For the third question I thought the answer was 5:7 as [40000/(1-0.2)]: [100000/(1+0.4)] is roughly equal to 50000:71000.. I could be completely wrong though.
Join the discussion

by Anurag@Gurome » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:51 pm
madeleine.lapierre wrote:For the third question I thought the answer was 5:7 as [40000/(1-0.2)]: [100000/(1+0.4)] is roughly equal to 50000:71000.. I could be completely wrong though.
Thank you for pointing out that we can approximate the actual answer to select the best answer. I've modified my reply accordingly.

However, I believe in GMAT if you come across such a question they will either include the exact answer in the options or ask to find out the approximate ratio.
pirrum wrote:Would it possible to look at my other post? As those one's I find worse!
I've looked into them. But I found they are ambiguous and poorly constructed questions.
Anurag Mairal, Ph.D., MBA
GMAT Expert, Admissions and Career Guidance
Gurome, Inc.
1-800-566-4043 (USA)

Join Our Facebook Groups
GMAT with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/272466352793633/
Admissions with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/461459690536574/
Career Advising with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/360435787349781/
Join the discussion