BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

unique odd digits

Expert replies
by umaa » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:22 am
Say A, B and C represent unique odd digits. Then take a look at the following multiplication problem: ABA * B = CBB. Which of these can represent the number ABA?

A. 171
B. 353
C. 313
D. 151
E. 121

Please let me know the answer
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by reachac » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:31 am
IMO D

Just plugged in the options.
Join the discussion

by VP_Tatiana » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:35 am
We want to figure out which number, when multiplied by the single digit in its tens position, will result in:

1) A 3 digit number
2) A number with the same units and tens digit

I notice that B and D have tens digit 5. I think they are good possibilities to fit the bill, since 5*odd number always ends in 5 (and we know all of the digits are odd.) This makes it highly likely that the last two digits will be the same.

First I try B, 353. I want to work out 353*5. I remember that 333.333*3 = 1000. Since both parts of the product 353*5 are bigger than that, we know this results in something over 1000. This does not fit the bill since it is not a 3 digit number.

Now I try D, 151. I line up the multiplication problem:

151
X 5

I see I get a 5 in the units digit, then a 5 in the tens digit... I don't need to worry about carrying the 2 or going any further because I know this is a 3 digit number whose last two digits are the same.

So, the answer is D.
Tatiana Becker | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep
Join the discussion

by umaa » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:35 am
can you please explain me. I'm getting 171.

19*3*3
Join the discussion

Re: unique odd digits

by parallel_chase » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:37 am
umaa wrote:Say A, B and C represent unique odd digits. Then take a look at the following multiplication problem: ABA * B = CBB. Which of these can represent the number ABA?

A. 171
B. 353
C. 313
D. 151
E. 121

Please let me know the answer
The answer is 151, you simply have to look at the answer options.

Lets start with 171*7=something 9 7

353*5 = something 6 5

151 * 5 = 755
ABA * B = CBB

The long way is ABA*B= CBB

A*B = B has to be in the units place, therefore A has to be 1

1B1 * B = CBB

B*B = B is in the units place, therefore only integer possible is 5

151*5 = C55

I hope this clears everything.
Join the discussion

by umaa » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:39 am
got it. thx.
Join the discussion