BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Help with increasing Quant score

Expert replies
by riddlemethis828 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:46 pm
Hi Everyone,

I know that there are a ton of great people and even experts on here so I wanted to ask for some advice. I am struggling to increase my Quant score. I initially studied for the GMAT for 2 months (self-studying going through each of the Manhattan GMAT books and the OG books) and got a 6_______. My quant put me in the ___th percentile. In practice tests, my quant percentile (for Manhattan GMAT) had me at 70th percentile. My practice scores ranged from 660-680 on the four tests that I took.

Fast-forward to November, I dusted off my books and also enrolled in Knewton. I have been practicing with Official GMAT questions and also running through their quant lessons, practice homework, and all of the extra practice homework. After getting through the first 10 (out of 13 total) lessons, I took a practice test (this time a Knewton one) and scored a dismal 600 (37Q/37 V). (I'm not concerned about my verbal dropping because I have not been focusing much time on it yet).

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong or what else I can be doing. I know that the SAT was long ago (in my case, 12 years ago!) and that the GMAT math is far more challenging but I got a 770 out of 800 in the math section. So I know that I used to be really good at math.

Does anyone have any advice? I've been doing well on the Knewton homework staying under 2 minutes per question and scoring 90% and I also took Manhattan GMAT's Basic Math Diagnostic, which consists of 20 problems at a 300-500 level of difficulty. They give you 40 minutes to complete all 20 problems and I believe I only needed maybe 15 minutes to complete the diagnostic. (I got 100%).

I'm going to start creating an error log. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I would be extremely grateful to hear them.

Thanks in advance!
Sabrina
Last edited by riddlemethis828 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:14 am
To prepare for the quantitative section, I suggest a systematic approach in which you take the time to master each topic/concept (e.g., percents, ratios, geometry, etc.)

So, for each topic/concept, you should:
1) Learn the underlying concepts (rules, attributes, notation, etc.)
2) Learn GMAT-specific strategies related to that topic
3) Practice dozens of questions all related to that one topic.
4) Don't stop working on that topic until you have mastered it
Then, and only then, move on to the next topic.

An Error Log (aka Improvement Chart) is a great idea. You can find a free downloadable Improvement Chart here: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-error-log. This will help you identify and strengthen your weak areas.

I also suggest that you spend a lot of time reviewing the responses from the Experts on this site, since they often model the steps you should be taking when answering question.

In addition to learning the core concepts and GMAT-specific strategies, be sure to work on your endurance and test-taking skills (e.g., time management) by taking several practice tests.

If you're interested, we have a free GMAT time management video at https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gener ... es?id=1244

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com
Image
Join the discussion

by riddlemethis828 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:52 pm
Thanks, Brent. Any suggestions for how to identify questions pertaining to one specific topic? I have the Manhattan GMAT books which obviously had practice questions at the end but they never seemed very GMAT like.
Join the discussion