BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

females .......always tough

Expert replies
by B166418 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:04 pm
Each of student in certain class recives a single grade of P,F or I ,what percent of students in class were females

(1) of those who recived P,40% were females
(2) of those who recived either F or I ,80% were males




A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
C Both statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER one ALONE is sufficient.
D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Join the discussion
Source: — Data Sufficiency |

by FLUID » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm
B166418 wrote:Each of student in certain class recives a single grade of P,F or I ,what percent of students in class were females

(1) of those who recived P,40% were females
(2) of those who recived either F or I ,80% were males




A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
C Both statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER one ALONE is sufficient.
D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Explanation:

Total number of students = T

T = number of (F) + number of (P) + number of (I)

what percent of T are Females

1. of those who received a P, 40% were females

it doesnt give us the the exact number

2. of those who received either an F or I , 80% were males.

Still it doesnt give us the number of females

so it is not sufficent to answer the question with any of the choice individually or together.
Answer is (E)
Thanks,

"Take Risks in Your Life.
If you Win, you can Lead!
If you Loose, you can Guide!".
Join the discussion

by jkaustubh » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:49 am
FLUID wrote:
B166418 wrote:Each of student in certain class recives a single grade of P,F or I ,what percent of students in class were females

(1) of those who recived P,40% were females
(2) of those who recived either F or I ,80% were males




A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
C Both statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER one ALONE is sufficient.
D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Explanation:

Total number of students = T

T = number of (F) + number of (P) + number of (I)

what percent of T are Females

1. of those who received a P, 40% were females

it doesnt give us the the exact number

2. of those who received either an F or I , 80% were males.

Still it doesnt give us the number of females

so it is not sufficent to answer the question with any of the choice individually or together.
Answer is (E)
I would like to differ on this, it is mentioned in the question that each student receives a single grade.

So, of those who got P, 40% were females, hence the number of females with P grade = Fem(P) = 0.4*(people with P grade)

again of those who gor F or I 80% were males hence again the number of females with F or I grade = Fem(F+I) = 0.2*(number of students with F or I grade)

Now total number of females in the class

Fem(Tot) = Fem(P)+Fem(F+I)

hence there is a solution, using both the statements together. Hence the answer should be C.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Join the discussion

by B166418 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:05 am
Hi Kaustubh ...

There is a solution but solution is not unique
You will have different answers with different percentage taken in consideration
Join the discussion

by jkaustubh » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:16 am
B166418 wrote:Hi Kaustubh ...

There is a solution but solution is not unique
You will have different answers with different percentage taken in consideration

Yes there wont be a unique solution. But there will be a solution.

What is the correct answer??
Join the discussion

by B166418 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:23 am
OA E
Join the discussion

by jkaustubh » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:53 am
B166418 wrote:OA E

let us ponder over this link, from manhattan gmat

https://www.manhattangmat.com/forums/eac ... t4852.html

still I am a bit confused though.

Someone please clarify.
Join the discussion

by GMATGuruNY » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:11 am
B166418 wrote:Each of student in certain class receives a single grade of P, F or I, what percent of students in class were females?

(1) of those who received P, 40% were females
(2) of those who received either F or I, 80% were males
Statement 1: Of those who received P, 40% were females.
Statement 2: Of those who received F or I, 80% were males -- implying that 20% were females.

Try EXTREMES.
Let the total number of students = 100.

Case 1: Total P = 90 and Total F or I = 10.
Percent women = .4(90) + .2(10) = 38%.

Case 2: Total P = 10 and Total F or I = 90.
Percent women = .4(10) + .2(90) = 22%.

Since different percentages are possible, the two statements combined are INSUFFICIENT.

The correct answer is E.

This is a MIXTURE problem.
The percentage of women who receive P (40%) is combined with the percentage of women who receive F or I (20%) to form a mixture: the entire class.
The percentage of women in the mixture can be ANY VALUE between 20% and 40%.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion