BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Please evaluate my profile, thanks!

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by ajguerre » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:09 am
Hi Scott & Nikhil,

I’m planning to apply for business school this coming fall. Please evaluate my profile, thanks!

Background
U.S. Citizen but lived in Ecuador until I was 20 so my native language is Spanish. Moved to the U.S. to go to college (Wharton – UPENN) and then stayed here working. I’m currently 27 years old.

Education
B.S. in Economics with concentration in Finance and Information Systems from Wharton (University of Pennsylvania)
GPA: 2.74

GMAT
650 (82%) – 47Q (81%) / 35V (75%)
Definitely plan to take it again. I have been scoring in the low to mid 700s in my practice test, so please assume I have a 700+ GMAT score.

Work Experience
3 years in Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in a financial position – 2 promotions
2 years (current position) in Lehman Brothers (NYC) in a trading floor position – I’m up for a promotion this year.

Extracurricular
Streetwise Partners: Mentor adults and young adults who want to switch to a corporate career. Help them in the complete career preparation process (Goals, Pitch, Resume, Cover Letter, Interviewing, Computer Skills, etc.)

Project Enterprise: Non-profit that specializes in helping up-and-coming entrepreneurs to start their business thru micro-financing, business consulting, networking, etc. I help with their program to Spanish-speaking entrepreneurs by translating articles and newsletters as well as by developing their business curriculum.

Schools
I’m targeting the more quantitative MBA programs, such as MIT (Sloan) and CMU (Tepper). I’m also looking into GSB, Wharton, and HBS.

My first choice is Tepper and I’m interested in applying to one of the school’s dual-degree programs (MBA/Master in Computational Finance) which has an even more quantitative focus.

Given my below average GPA, do you think I have competitive application for the schools above? If not, what steps can I take to strengthen my academic profile? (i.e. additional courses, certifications, etc.)

Thank you so much for your time and expertise!!!
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by VP_MBA_Guru » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:25 am
Hi AJ,

Thanks for your post. You have good credentials and are a good fit for many top MBA programs. However, as you mentioned - your GPA will be a concern issue. Definitely shoot for a higher GMAT score (at least 700+) if you want to be competitive for the schools listed below.

Other than a higher GMAT score, you could consider picking up a course in statistics or calculus, although I don't think it have a significant impact.

Regarding your low GPA, make sure you explain any possible reasons for the low score in your essay (i.e. EC commitments, worked during school, ect) in the Optional Section. Since this is a weakness on your application, you should try to address it.

Lastly, since this application year is going to be ultracompetitive, I would strongly encourage broading your school range to include more top 25 programs. Check out Veritas Prep's School Selector tool for more suggestions.

https://www.veritasprep.com/selector

Good luck!

NP



NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep
Join the discussion

by ajguerre » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:36 am
Great advise NP!!

I definitely have a case for my low GPA. Also, I'm looking at which other school fit my ST and LT goals.

Thanks again for your time and expertise!!!
Join the discussion

by VP_MBA_Guru » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:01 am
No problem! Yeah, it doesn't hurt to broaden your school list with other non-top 10 schools, based on your ST/LT goals. There are many good top25/50 programs with good industry/function/regional strengths.

Good luck!

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep
Join the discussion