BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Half the time Statements A and B are both insufficient?

Expert replies
by and1ms238 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:54 pm
Going through the BTG flash cards, I came across this:

INSUFFICIENT: Half the time statements (A) and (B) are both INSUFFICIENT.

Is this true?


So does that mean that 50% of the DS Answers will be Either (C) together or (E) neither?

And that half will be either (A), (B), or (D)?

Is this proven to be true? Also, does this apply to all levels of DS Questions?
Join the discussion
Source: — Data Sufficiency |

by shashank.ism » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:06 pm
and1ms238 wrote:Going through the BTG flash cards, I came across this:

INSUFFICIENT: Half the time statements (A) and (B) are both INSUFFICIENT.

Is this true?


So does that mean that 50% of the DS Answers will be Either (C) together or (E) neither?

And that half will be either (A), (B), or (D)?

Is this proven to be true? Also, does this apply to all levels of DS Questions?
yeah as far as I have come across the questions on this forum and other books I have found a majority of question having ans C i.e. combine d sufficient

after that comes the no. of E i.e. both insufficient

The least no. is of D i.e. both individually sufficient

this is just an observation but u can't go this way in real GMAT paper otherwise no use to give the exams...
My Websites:
www.mba.webmaggu.com - India's social Network for MBA Aspirants

www.deal.webmaggu.com -India's online discount, coupon, free stuff informer.

www.dictionary.webmaggu.com - A compact free online dictionary with images.

Nothing is Impossible, even Impossible says I'm possible.
Join the discussion

by Ian Stewart » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:16 pm
and1ms238 wrote:Going through the BTG flash cards, I came across this:

INSUFFICIENT: Half the time statements (A) and (B) are both INSUFFICIENT.

Is this true?


So does that mean that 50% of the DS Answers will be Either (C) together or (E) neither?

And that half will be either (A), (B), or (D)?

Is this proven to be true? Also, does this apply to all levels of DS Questions?

No, that's not true at all. I did an analysis of every published official Data Sufficiency question I could find, and answer choice D was the most common of the five (at just over 25%), though the frequency was within the margin of error, so that was almost surely just chance - it was not what a researcher would call a 'statistically significant' finding. You should expect each of the five answers to be correct equally often on official GMAT DS questions.
For online GMAT math tutoring, or to buy my higher-level Quant books and problem sets, contact me at ianstewartgmat at gmail.com

ianstewartgmat.com
Join the discussion

by shashank.ism » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:50 pm
Ian Stewart wrote: No, that's not true at all. I did an analysis of every published official Data Sufficiency question I could find, and answer choice D was the most common of the five (at just over 25%), though the frequency was within the margin of error, so that was almost surely just chance - it was not what a researcher would call a 'statistically significant' finding. You should expect each of the five answers to be correct equally often on official GMAT DS questions.
Well Ian that was a very nice knowledge...Actually i described about whatever questions I found over here in the forum on BTG. It might be possible that people are posting those question in greater number as those questions are bit confusing..
Well In any case u can never go on with hit and trial ...
so better try to solve all the problems...
My Websites:
www.mba.webmaggu.com - India's social Network for MBA Aspirants

www.deal.webmaggu.com -India's online discount, coupon, free stuff informer.

www.dictionary.webmaggu.com - A compact free online dictionary with images.

Nothing is Impossible, even Impossible says I'm possible.
Join the discussion

by jamesacorrea » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:38 am
Ya, I have to admit I found that assertion to be surprising. I wouldn't expect the GMAT to provide a guessing handicap for no reason. So ... I will stick with entirely random guesses on DS (if I am utterly clueless of course) instead of blindly picking C or E.
Join the discussion