BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

EZ Solutions - Advanced Workbook

Expert replies
by shanice » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 pm
If x-2/x-5=x, then what is the value of x^2-6x+10?

Answer is 8.

Please check my workings:-

x-2=x(x-5)
x-2=x^2-5x
x^2-5x-x+2
x^2-6x+2 (I understand how they got 8(difference btw 10 & 2.But,it confuses because the question is
asking for the value of x^2-6x+10 so how do I make the connection with x^2-6x+2?)

2)If z>0 and m/n =x-y/z, then what is the value of n/m?

My workings:-

m/n=xz-y/z
Since, the question is asking for n/m,I'll just flip the fractions. So, n/m=z/xz-y(that's the
correct answer).

What is the usage of "If z>0"? I still can get the answer without using it.

Please check my workings and correct me if I'm wrong. "Beat The GMAT" is my only teacher.

Thanks a lot, guys.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by niketdoshi123 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:27 am
shanice wrote:If x-2/x-5=x, then what is the value of x^2-6x+10?



Please check my workings:-

x-2=x(x-5)
x-2=x^2-5x
x^2-5x-x+2
x^2-6x+2
(I understand how they got 8(difference btw 10 & 2.But,it confuses because the question is
asking for the value of x^2-6x+10 so how do I make the connection with x^2-6x+2?)
Look at the portion that I have marked in red. You lost the equality sign there.
It should have been x² - 6x + 2 = 0 or x² -6x = -2
Substitute the value of x² - 6x in the expression x² - 6x + 10
=> x² - 6x + 10 = -2 + 10 = 8 :-)
Join the discussion

by niketdoshi123 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:31 am
shanice wrote:
2)If z>0 and m/n =x-y/z, then what is the value of n/m?

My workings:-

m/n=xz-y/z
Since, the question is asking for n/m,I'll just flip the fractions. So, n/m=z/xz-y(that's the
correct answer).

What is the usage of "If z>0"? I still can get the answer without using it.
Not if z = 0, the value of y/z would be undefined then.
Join the discussion

by shanice » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 am
Got it.Thank you very much.

By the way, I noticed that your test date is on 20th August 2012. I wish you all the best for your exam.
Join the discussion