BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

How should I read this number?

Expert replies
by Pugalenthi » Fri May 11, 2012 10:22 am
If 5,400n is the square of an integer, what is the smallest possible integer value of n?
(A) 2
(B) 3
(C) 5
(D) 6
(E) 15

How should I read 5,400n? I know that I should use prime factorization to solve this problem. My struggle is...should I apply the logic to 5400 or 5400(2/3/5/6/15)? Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by LalaB » Fri May 11, 2012 10:48 am
54*100=6*9*4*25=3^3*2^3*5^2


3^3*2^3*5^2*n=(some integer)^2

so, n =3*2=6
Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.(c)

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.(c)
Join the discussion

by African Dude » Fri May 11, 2012 10:51 am
Pugalenthi wrote:If 5,400n is the square of an integer, what is the smallest possible integer value of n?
(A) 2
(B) 3
(C) 5
(D) 6
(E) 15

How should I read 5,400n? I know that I should use prime factorization to solve this problem. My struggle is...should I apply the logic to 5400 or 5400(2/3/5/6/15)? Any pointers would be much appreciated.
The 1st thing you need to remember is that a perfect square contains only even powers. Start by factorising the number given:
=54(100)
=9x6x10x10
=3x3x3x2x2x5x2x5
2^3 x 3^3x 5^2

Notice that the powers of 2 and 3 are odd implying that 5400 is not a square. 5400 x n must yield in a prime factorisation with all even powers. This therefore means that n must have at least one 2 and one 3 to make it: 2^4 x 3^4 x 5^2. Hence n can only be 2 x 3 = 6 ----choose D
Join the discussion

by Pugalenthi » Fri May 11, 2012 11:57 am
Thank you for your reply and I understand the logic but my question is this....5400n ..given this number...why split this as 54*100 ? Why it shouldn't be 54002?
Join the discussion

by Thiagaraj » Fri May 11, 2012 8:02 pm
Your way of thinking is different. I give you that.

But do tell me, do you consider 2x as 2*x or something like, 22, 23, 24....29 ?

Get my point?
Join the discussion