BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

the correct ordering

Expert replies
by sanju09 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:25 am
If x is a positive integer, then which of the following could be the correct ordering of 1/x, 2 x, and x^2?
I. x^2 < 2 x < 1/x
II. x^2 < 1/x < 2 x
III. 2 x < x^2 < 1/x

A. None
B. III only
C. I only
D. I and II only
E. I, II, and III
The mind is everything. What you think you become. -Lord Buddha



Sanjeev K Saxena
Quantitative Instructor
The Princeton Review - Manya Abroad
Lucknow-226001

www.manyagroup.com
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by killer1387 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:59 am
sanju09 wrote:If x is a positive integer, then which of the following could be the correct ordering of 1/x, 2 x, and x^2?
I. x^2 < 2 x < 1/x
II. x^2 < 1/x < 2 x
III. 2 x < x^2 < 1/x

A. None
B. III only
C. I only
D. I and II only
E. I, II, and III
IMO A.
Join the discussion

by Anurag@Gurome » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:20 am
sanju09 wrote:If x is a positive integer, then which of the following could be the correct ordering of 1/x, 2 x, and x^2?
I. x^2 < 2 x < 1/x
II. x^2 < 1/x < 2 x
III. 2 x < x^2 < 1/x

A. None
B. III only
C. I only
D. I and II only
E. I, II, and III
I. x² < 2x < 1/x
If x = 2, then x² = 4, 2x = 2 and 1/x = 1/2 implies 4 < 2 < 1/2, which is NOT the correct ordering.

II. x² < 1/x < 2x
If x = 3, then x² = 9, 2x = 6 and 1/x = 1/3 implies 9 < 1/3 < 6, which is NOT the correct ordering again.

III. 2x < x² < 1/x
2x < x² implies 2x - x² < 0 or x(2 - x) < 0 implies x > 2
If x > 2, then 1/x is the least value of all the three, which is not so. So, III cannot be true.

The correct answer is A.
Last edited by Anurag@Gurome on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anurag Mairal, Ph.D., MBA
GMAT Expert, Admissions and Career Guidance
Gurome, Inc.
1-800-566-4043 (USA)

Join Our Facebook Groups
GMAT with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/272466352793633/
Admissions with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/461459690536574/
Career Advising with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/360435787349781/
Join the discussion

by killer1387 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:23 am
Anurag@Gurome wrote:
sanju09 wrote:If x is a positive integer, then which of the following could be the correct ordering of 1/x, 2 x, and x^2?
I. x^2 < 2 x < 1/x
II. x^2 < 1/x < 2 x
III. 2 x < x^2 < 1/x

A. None
B. III only
C. I only
D. I and II only
E. I, II, and III
I. x² < 2x < 1/x
If x = 1/2, then x² = 1/4, 2x = 1 and 1/x = 2 implies 1/4 < 1 < 2, which is the correct ordering.

II. x² < 1/x < 2x
If x = 4/5, then x² = 16/25, 2x = 8/5 and 1/x = 5/4 implies 16/25 < 5/4 < 8/5, which is the correct ordering.

III. 2x < x² < 1/x
2x < x² implies 2x - x² < 0 or x(2 - x) < 0 implies x > 2
If x > 2, then 1/x is the least value of all the three, which is not so. So, III cannot be true.

The correct answer is D.
@ Anurag

the question stem mentions X is a positive integer.
Hence in no case will 1/x i.e. a fraction be greater than 2x or x^2, i.e. an integer.
Join the discussion

by Anurag@Gurome » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:29 am
killer1387 wrote: @ Anurag

the question stem mentions X is a positive integer.
Hence in no case will 1/x i.e. a fraction be greater than 2x or x^2, i.e. an integer.
Ok, I missed, I took x as any positive number. I've edited my previous reply.
Anurag Mairal, Ph.D., MBA
GMAT Expert, Admissions and Career Guidance
Gurome, Inc.
1-800-566-4043 (USA)

Join Our Facebook Groups
GMAT with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/272466352793633/
Admissions with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/461459690536574/
Career Advising with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/360435787349781/
Join the discussion