BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

tone of essays

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by adam007 » Mon May 19, 2008 4:26 pm
Dear Nikhil,

Can you please advise on the tone of application essays?

I was wondering whether informal speach can be moderately used? For example: would it be ok to include in an essay a sentence starting with or containing "Imagine the situation..." or "Have you ever wondered...". These are just examples, but what I'm trying to ask is whether it is ok appropriate to make an essay more direct (as if I were speaking to an AdCom consultant) or not really?

Thanks
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by VP_MBA_Guru » Mon May 19, 2008 7:48 pm
Hey Adam,
Thanks for the post - I dont think there is anything wrong with informal speech, as long as it is effective. I know, I know - I am stating the obvious, but in some cases, candidates spend too many words setting up a situation or taking the reader through a story and then spend less time selling their candidacy.

I think this is a great tactic for school's with longer word limits or open-ended questions (Stanford's for example). Just make sure you are not taking away valuable 'words' from answering the question AND from selling yourself.

For example, I remember a client with a military background who used this tactic successfully to help the reader understand/related to a leadership situation she faced.

Hope this helps...

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep
Join the discussion

by adam007 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:23 am
Many thanks Nikhil
Join the discussion

by VP_MBA_Guru » Tue May 20, 2008 1:30 pm
Happy to help!

Regards,

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep
Join the discussion