BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Explanation of answer to GMAT Practice Test 1 math problem:

Expert replies
by ejazzy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:11 am
I just realized that there are no explanations to the answers on the official MBA.com practice tests. (BUMMER!) I want to make sure I learn everything I have gotten wrong fully, so that I will be at ease if I see the problems come test day.

The correct answer is (C) by the way. Can anyone help to explain why this is so?

A little about me: I'm just starting out on my studying for the test. This was my first practice test and I scored a 560. I plan to bring this up above 700 in the next two months.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Question 3.JPG
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by WhiteWNNoise » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:48 pm
Explanation:

t1 = 23
t2 = t1 - 3 = 20
t3 = t2 - 3 = 17 and so on....

t(n) can also be represented as t1+(n-1)d ................ from Arithmetic Progression basics where last term = first term + (n-1)th times the common difference

where d is the common difference and in this case d = -3 (since the values are reducing)

Therefore,
t(n) = t1 + (n-1)d
t(n) = 23 + (n-1)(-3) = 23 - (3n-3) = 23 - 3n + 3
t(n) = 26 - 3n

Since t(n) = -4,
-4 = 26 - 3n
Hence, 3n = 30 and n = 10.

Correct Answer: 10 (option C)
Join the discussion

by Anurag@Gurome » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:37 pm
T(1) = 23 and T(n) = T(n - 1) - 3 for each n > 1

Hence, the series is an arithmetic progression with first term, a = 23 and common difference, d = -3.

Hence, T(n) = a + (n - 1)d = 23 + (n - 1)*(-3) = 23 - 3n + 3 = 26 - 3n

Given that, T(n) = -4
(26 - 3n) = -4
3n = 30
n = 10

The correct answer is C.
[/spoiler]
Anurag Mairal, Ph.D., MBA
GMAT Expert, Admissions and Career Guidance
Gurome, Inc.
1-800-566-4043 (USA)

Join Our Facebook Groups
GMAT with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/272466352793633/
Admissions with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/461459690536574/
Career Advising with Gurome
https://www.facebook.com/groups/360435787349781/
Join the discussion

by GMATGuruNY » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:57 am
ejazzy wrote:I just realized that there are no explanations to the answers on the official MBA.com practice tests. (BUMMER!) I want to make sure I learn everything I have gotten wrong fully, so that I will be at ease if I see the problems come test day.

The correct answer is (C) by the way. Can anyone help to explain why this is so?

A little about me: I'm just starting out on my studying for the test. This was my first practice test and I scored a 560. I plan to bring this up above 700 in the next two months.

Thanks in advance!
The formula indicates that the distance between one term and the next -- the INTERVAL -- is 3.
The result is a sequence of EVENLY SPACED INTEGERS.
To count evenly spaced integers:
Total number of integers = (biggest - smallest)/interval + 1.

In the problem at hand:
Biggest = 23
Smallest = -4
Interval = 3
Total number of integers = (23 - (-4))/3 + 1 = 10.
Thus, t(n) is the 10th integer in the sequence.

The correct answer is D.

We also should know how to determine the SUM of evenly spaced integers. Check my post here:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/for-any-posi ... tml#361604
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion