BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

My terrible AWA let me down D-day

Expert replies
by minhminh7884 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:37 pm
I took the GMAT on 25 November and got 680 (Q49, V34) - 85 percentile. It was a total disaster as I scored from 720-750 in all my practice tests (MGAT, GMATPrep, Veritas), and I aimed 700+ to get scholarship. However, I didn't put enough time for AWA. Although I've just finished IELTS with score 8 a month before, I find writing in GMAT totally different from that of IELTS. In IELTS, I try to keep my essay as short as possible. However AWA in GMAT seems to be much longer, I do not like the way of sample essays I saw and I do not have a teacher to guide me in this issue. Therefore, on the test day, AWA passed by very terribly, I couldn't finish it on time, and my writings seemed to be short. This caused me stress when came to Quant and Verbal.

Now I plan to retake the GMAT in one month but do not know how to start with AWA and improve my Verbal score. It is noted that CR and SC on the real test seemed to be unfamiliar with me. May be I was not lucky on my test day. But I know I need to practice CR and SC more.

Please help me with the plan to improve my AWA and Verbal in a month.

Thank you.
Join the discussion
Source: — GMAT Essays (AWA) |

by chieftang » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 pm
minhminh7884 wrote:I took the GMAT on 25 November and got 680 (Q49, V34) - 85 percentile. It was a total disaster as I scored from 720-750 in all my practice tests (MGAT, GMATPrep, Veritas), and I aimed 700+ to get scholarship. However, I didn't put enough time for AWA. Although I've just finished IELTS with score 8 a month before, I find writing in GMAT totally different from that of IELTS. In IELTS, I try to keep my essay as short as possible. However AWA in GMAT seems to be much longer, I do not like the way of sample essays I saw and I do not have a teacher to guide me in this issue. Therefore, on the test day, AWA passed by very terribly, I couldn't finish it on time, and my writings seemed to be short. This caused me stress when came to Quant and Verbal.

Now I plan to retake the GMAT in one month but do not know how to start with AWA and improve my Verbal score. It is noted that CR and SC on the real test seemed to be unfamiliar with me. May be I was not lucky on my test day. But I know I need to practice CR and SC more.

Please help me with the plan to improve my AWA and Verbal in a month.

Thank you.
It's disappointing and disheartening to hear about the gap between practice and the real thing. You got rattled. It happens. Maybe give Knewton a shot at raising your score "50 points or your money back." Chances are you'll walk out of there with a 730+ next time. I suspect that with a score in the low to mid 700s the AWA section will largely be ignored even by top schools.
Join the discussion

• Page 1 of 1