BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

General Simplification Strategy..

Expert replies
by shayam » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:48 am
Hey All,
This might sound really really trivial.. :)
While I work on problems that involve Fraction,Decimal/Percent manipulation, I observed that , If I use decimal rather than fraction conversions,I reach answer faster.. and in some cases using fractions instead of decimal conversion form gets me to the answer faster.

As an instance,mgmat practice problem :

Stacy and Heather are 20 miles apart and walk towards each other along same route.
Stacy walks at a constant rate that is 1 mile per hour faster than heather's constant
rate of 5 miles/hour. If Heather starts her journey 24 minutes after Stacey, How far
from her original destination has Heather walked when the two meet?

When I convert min to hour.. I express it as 24/60 or 6/15 instead of using 0.4
Hence instead of manipulating equation as 11t + 2.4 = 2O,I use 11t + 36/15=20

I am more inclined to express values as fractions and I have faced this problem many times.Though its matter of seconds here,I still need to understand this basic question..and how masters out here think......

Thanks a lot..
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by tpr-becky » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:26 pm
I think it is generally better to use fractions - there are some problems that may work out better with decimals, however fractions allow for easier factoring and it is more clear if you happen to make a mathmatical mistake. The only time I personally woudl use decimals is when the decimal is easy to figure out and the answers are in decimals.
Becky
Master GMAT Instructor
The Princeton Review
Irvine, CA
Join the discussion