BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

statements is true?

Expert replies
by sanju09 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:57 am
If x - y is positive, which of the following statements is true?
I. 0 > x > y
II. x > 0 > y
III. y > x > 0
(A) I only
(B) II only
(C) III only
(D) I and II only
(E) II and III only
The mind is everything. What you think you become. -Lord Buddha



Sanjeev K Saxena
Quantitative Instructor
The Princeton Review - Manya Abroad
Lucknow-226001

www.manyagroup.com
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by shankar.ashwin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:02 am
D IMO.
Join the discussion

by neelgandham » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:05 am
I. 0 > x > y
adding -y to all the terms, -y > x-y > 0 True !

II. x > 0 > y
adding -y to all the terms, x-y > -y > 0 True !

III. y > x > 0
adding -y to all the terms, 0 > x-y > -y Beep Beep !

Option D
Join the discussion

by GmatKiss » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:25 am
shankar.ashwin wrote:D IMO.
If x - y is positive, which of the following statements is true?
I. 0 > x > y
II. x > 0 > y
III. y > x > 0

If X is 10 and Y is 2 , II fails

IMO:A
Join the discussion

by shankar.ashwin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:42 am
In statement II:

X>0 and Y<0.

So Y cannot take 2, it would be -2 and 10-(-2) = 12 which is +ve
GmatKiss wrote:
shankar.ashwin wrote:D IMO.
If x - y is positive, which of the following statements is true?
I. 0 > x > y
II. x > 0 > y
III. y > x > 0

If X is 10 and Y is 2 , II fails

IMO:A
Join the discussion

by enjoylife1788 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:39 am
sanju09 wrote:If x - y is positive, which of the following statements is true?
I. 0 > x > y
II. x > 0 > y
III. y > x > 0
(A) I only
(B) II only
(C) III only
(D) I and II only
(E) II and III only
Statement 1 says, both x and y are negative. So, the only way to make x - y positive is make y smaller than y ( higher -ve number smaller), this in turn when multiplied by -, will make it a bigger positive number, making the answer positive. So I is true

statement 2 says, x is +ve and y is -ve. Again, when y being -ve multiplied by -, will make it positive. So, two result is two positive integers being added. So, II is also true

Statement 3 says, both x and y are positive and y is greater than x. So for eg, y is 4 and x is 3. so x-y is -1 and hence false. So statement III is false.

Hence Answer should be D which says both statements I and II are true.
Join the discussion

by Abhishek009 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:44 am
sanju09 wrote:If x - y is positive, which of the following statements is true?
I. 0 > x > y
II. x > 0 > y
III. y > x > 0
(A) I only
(B) II only
(C) III only
(D) I and II only
(E) II and III only
For such problems I use a diff approach -

I. 0 > x > y

Or,0 > x > x-1 ( Substituting y = x - 1 , to show y < x )

Now lets find out if the condition satisfies -

x - y = > x - ( x - 1 ) = 1

Answer is +ve , so this is possible...

II. x > 0 > y

x > 0 > x - 1 ( Substituting y = x - 1 , to show y < x , Here if it seems complex U can also substitute with the help of some numbers )

Now lets find out if the condition satisfies -

x - y = > x - ( x - 1 ) = 1

Answer is +ve , so this is possible...

III. y > x > 0

y > x > 0

Let y = x + 1 ( To show Y > X )

Now , lets find out if the condition satisfies -

x - y => x - ( x + 1 ) = -1

Answer is -ve , so this is not possible...


hence option I and II satisfies while option III doesn't , so the correct answer is option D
Abhishek
Join the discussion