difficult series sum!!!

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

difficult series sum!!!

by [email protected] » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:40 pm
Fabio's designer fashion store has become so popular that he can raise the prices every day. Each day, he raises the price of his designer pants by one dollar more than he raised it the previous day. Given that the price on Sunday the 15th was $700, what was the price on Saturday the 21st?
IT IS TIME TO BEAT THE GMAT

LEARNING, APPLICATION AND TIMING IS THE FACT OF GMAT AND LIFE AS WELL... KEEP PLAYING!!!

Whenever you feel that my post really helped you to learn something new, please press on the 'THANK' button.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:01 am
[email protected] wrote:Fabio's designer fashion store has become so popular that he can raise the prices every day. Each day, he raises the price of his designer pants by one dollar more than he raised it the previous day. Given that the price on Sunday the 15th was $700, what was the price on Saturday the 21st?
I think you're missing part of the question - unless I'm missing something. :-)
Also, what are the answer choices? In many instances, the best (i.e., fastest) approach involves working with the answer choices.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by parul9 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:34 am
Brent@GMATPrepNow wrote:
[email protected] wrote:Fabio's designer fashion store has become so popular that he can raise the prices every day. Each day, he raises the price of his designer pants by one dollar more than he raised it the previous day. Given that the price on Sunday the 15th was $700, what was the price on Saturday the 21st?
I think you're missing part of the question - unless I'm missing something. :-)
Also, what are the answer choices? In many instances, the best (i.e., fastest) approach involves working with the answer choices.

Cheers,
Brent
I was watching this topic!
Thank God you replied and felt the same as I did!
There should be a missing piece somewhere! :)