BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Help needed for Quant

Problem Solving — algebra and arithmetic (GMAT Focus Edition)
Expert replies
by gmatcat » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:12 am
Hello ....
I am new to the forum and have been reading about all you wondering hard working GMATers out there. I need some help with regards to the Quant section. I have been practicing the questions in the OG and seem to get them. I think its because I have solved them a few times. But when I look at a new question I am unable to apply my knowledge to it. :cry: I find it difficult to understand what information is needed. Can someone please recommend a book or a method that I can sue to develop my application ability. I have to take the test in 25 days and I am ready to work my ass off for it.
Join the discussion
Source: — Quantitative Reasoning |

Quant

by gmat321 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:24 pm
I think you need to understand common tricks which are used. Like in geometry > triangle > u can find area > if u know height and base or for 90 degree triangle > two sides, isoscele triangle > one side + angle / equilateral triangle one side.

So when you read the question and find what is asked.. find what all you will need for that scenario.
General tips: many a times the question asks for one more step after the whole calculation done. For example Mr A sold a bag in $180 with 20% profit, if the Bag was sold with 10% more then current sold price then how much profit Mr A earned? The question is asking you to calculate the difference > not the purchase price. So once you calculate the purchase price you should not stop there.

Hope this helps.
Join the discussion